General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Moradin
(member) Sun 03-Jun-12 14:19:31
Print Post

FTTP from 2nd July Pricing.

[link to this post]

With this announcement:-

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefin...

I'm assuming the full FTTP 330mb service will be available to anyonw with an enabled cab.

however, has anyone seen any hints of prices?

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Moradin
(member) Sun 03-Jun-12 14:21:52
Print Post

Re: FTTP from 2nd July Pricing.

[re: Moradin] [link to this post]

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricin...

Ahhh silly me.. found this.

£295.32 per annum (cost to the ISP).

£80.00 Connection Cost

Installation cost extra?

Hmm confused here... is FTTP going to be available from 2nd July, or is it next Spring when it becomes available to everyone ???

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Moradin (Sun 03-Jun-12 14:56:58)

Standard User charles1
(learned) Sun 03-Jun-12 15:08:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by Moradin:
I'm assuming the full FTTP 330mb service will be available to anyonw with an enabled cab.

As I understand it, the FTTP architecture is different, using mostly underground nodes / manifolds (although some manifolds can be pole mounted) and is not (directly - see below) dependent on enabled cabs.

I'm waiting for the FTTP on demand service to be launched next year. and I'm hoping that it will be available in FTTC Exchange areas (as the fibre infrastructure will have had to be installed to enable FTTC cabs) as although my exchange is live for FTTC, my own cab has not been enabled.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Andrews & Arnold BTW ADSL2+

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User arfster
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Jun-12 16:03:47
Print Post

[re: charles1] [link to this post]

Do we have any indication how much FTTP on demand might cost?
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Sun 03-Jun-12 16:46:38
Print Post

I would guess those prices are for the commercial rollout of FTTP. I believe FTTP on demand will be subject to survey, like a leased line, so install cost may vary from location to location
Standard User simon194
(regular) Mon 04-Jun-12 00:11:38
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
I would guess those prices are for the commercial rollout of FTTP. I believe FTTP on demand will be subject to survey, like a leased line, so install cost may vary from location to location

There's been estimate on the installation cost of between £500-£2000 depending on how much work is required to get the fibre to the premises. A lot depend on whether the installation cost will be subsidised or not.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 04-Jun-12 08:09:49
Print Post

[re: charles1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by charles1:
In reply to a post by Moradin:

As I understand it, the FTTP architecture is different, using mostly underground nodes / manifolds (although some manifolds can be pole mounted) and is not (directly - see below) dependent on enabled cabs.

I'm waiting for the FTTP on demand service to be launched next year. and I'm hoping that it will be available in FTTC Exchange areas (as the fibre infrastructure will have had to be installed to enable FTTC cabs) as although my exchange is live for FTTC, my own cab has not been enabled.

that's as I understand it ,and I'm in exactly the same situation as you - 3 cabs near me but only 2 have FTTC and no prizes for guessing which one I'm connected to - roll on next spring!!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 04-Jun-12 10:20:18
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Fibre on demand will only be availabel from FTTC enabled cabs -so if the cab is nt enabled i understand it will not be avaialble

check your local authority to seen if cab wil be picked up by BDUK or contact openreach to see if they will gap fund it (paid for by community)
Standard User tpn
(newbie) Mon 04-Jun-12 10:30:10
Print Post

Well, that's disappointing. My line has no cabinet - line run direct to the exchange - but everywhere around me has FTTC. Does this now mean I also won't be able to get FTTP when Fibre On Demand starts?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 04-Jun-12 11:08:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Fibre on demand will only be availabel from FTTC enabled cabs -so if the cab is nt enabled i understand it will not be avaialble

check your local authority to seen if cab wil be picked up by BDUK or contact openreach to see if they will gap fund it (paid for by community)

I have a FTTC cab 200 yards, would I be able to get Fibre on demand from this even though my phone line is connected to a different cab ?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to