General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ptomicek
(newbie) Wed 06-Jun-12 03:19:09
Print Post

When will I get FTTC?

[link to this post]

Hi,
I have been waiting for fttc for a long time now. There are fttc cabinets less than 100 yards from where I live, but no fttc for me. Can anyone check? My post code is n1 5eb. Thx
Standard User Ptomicek
(newbie) Wed 06-Jun-12 05:23:49
Print Post

Re: When will I get FTTC?

[re: Ptomicek] [link to this post]

I did some checking on my own in the December cvs sheet and my post code comes up twice:

CLSHO,SHOREDITCH,N15EB,{CLSHO}{M_A},1,97%,,,,

and

CLSHO,SHOREDITCH,N15EB,{CLSHO}{P38},0,2%,2.88,7a,Yes,FTTC

Now I need some help interpreting these results.

The first I assume means that the copper goes straight to the exchange, in which case I am screwed, since the exchange is far away.

The second one makes me more hopefull.

However I do not know which refers to me, since the postcode only covers the development I live in, which is about 8 years old. There are no street cabinets around, however I have a reason to believe the cabinet could be on the premises since even the energy station servicing the whole development is in underground premises.
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Jun-12 08:01:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ptomicek:
Hi,
I have been waiting for fttc for a long time now. There are fttc cabinets less than 100 yards from where I live, but no fttc for me. Can anyone check? My post code is n1 5eb. Thx
What does the BT availability checker say for your line?

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ptomicek
(newbie) Wed 06-Jun-12 08:03:00
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

For Telephone Number 020xxxxxxxx on Exchange SHOREDITCH

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 6.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 7.5Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 6.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 7.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 6.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 7.5Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Note: If you already have a Broadband service enabled on this line and you want to switch service providers, you will need to contact both your current provider and your new provider to get your service changed over new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.
Standard User greenglide
(member) Wed 06-Jun-12 09:27:32
Print Post

Since the spreadsheet shows 97% of the post code as exchange only lines and the BT availabilty checker does not mention FTTC then this does point to you being unable to get FTTC unless "both" of these are wrong.

How large is the development and is it "free standing" - new build totally seperate from other houses, block of flats, conversion of some kind?

You mention an FTTC CAB within 100 metres or so of your house - is this in a totally separate development?

Doesnt sound good frown

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Standard User simon194
(regular) Wed 06-Jun-12 10:15:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ptomicek:
I did some checking on my own in the December cvs sheet and my post code comes up twice:

CLSHO,SHOREDITCH,N15EB,{CLSHO}{M_A},1,97%,,,,

and

CLSHO,SHOREDITCH,N15EB,{CLSHO}{P38},0,2%,2.88,7a,Yes,FTTC

Now I need some help interpreting these results.

The first I assume means that the copper goes straight to the exchange, in which case I am screwed, since the exchange is far away.

The second one makes me more hopefull.

However I do not know which refers to me, since the postcode only covers the development I live in, which is about 8 years old. There are no street cabinets around, however I have a reason to believe the cabinet could be on the premises since even the energy station servicing the whole development is in underground premises.

Shoreditch is currently accepting orders and as greenglide said 97% of the lines are exchange only and with the BT checker isn't showing fibre is available to you, I would bet on you having an EO line.

You could try sticking your number into the TalkTalk checker because it was giving me a speed estimate and availability date a couple of months before the BT checker did.
Standard User Ptomicek
(newbie) Wed 06-Jun-12 14:52:04
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

The development is large, somewhere between 250-350 flats and it is free standing. I am guessing Openreach will not build a cabinet for fttc anytime soon.

There is some hope though, the great guys from Hyperoptic sent me an e-mail saying they are looking into getting fiber to my building, so hopefully no fttc but up to 1 Gbit/s smile
  Print Thread

Jump to