General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 07-Jun-12 15:29:23
Print Post

FTTC Hereford

[link to this post]

Is there any website i can check to see if BT have worked on or are currently working on installing fibre in my area? Samknows says the RFS date was 01/06/2012 and BT infinity says 30/06/2012. I'm wondering if this date is realistic, and that i'll be able to order it from BT around that date or that's the date they will start working on installing and realistically i'll be looking at the end of the year to get fibre optic.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Jun-12 15:36:45
Print Post

Re: FTTC Hereford

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

If you have a BT line (non LLU) then put it your number in here and see what the result is. If not a BT line, you can always try the address checker on the same site.

Edited by Spasch (Thu 07-Jun-12 15:38:28)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jun-12 15:55:58
Print Post

so far I have seen very little of any Bt openreach vans around here, i live at the college Est and apart from sticking a bit of tubing under ground to hold the fibre nothing have been done.

I am thinking of going for All pay broadband anyway, may not be as fast as fibre, but at least it will be as far away from Bt as possible and no phone line needed.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 07-Jun-12 16:09:32
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th June 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 75.8Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps."

I am very sceptical however as the previous post mentioned i've hardly seen any BT vans around and there seems to be no planned roadworks. I noticed on another post that people who had the RFS date for FTTC at 30 june 2012 have recently moved from "coming soon" to "accepting orders", i have a feeling i'll be waiting a long time before i can actually order myself the fibre optic.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Jun-12 16:14:01
Print Post

The issue is that the dates on the BT checker are placeholder dates. Yours will probably jump to the next placeholder date in the near future. Major PITA but at least you're on the rollout list. smile
Standard User brettuk
(regular) Sat 09-Jun-12 18:57:25
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

Some cabinets have already been done, I've only been casually looking the past few days, and I've seen two that have already been done already. Plus if you google around, you'll see a lot of BT Cabinet work was done in April as the council announced road works. So maybe we're further ahead than you think! Remember, not all cabinets have to be upgraded for it to be released, only 10 so I've heard...

<n>
Nildram

Formally with: Plusnet

Edited by brettuk (Sat 09-Jun-12 18:58:46)

Standard User brettuk
(regular) Sun 10-Jun-12 01:57:31
Print Post

[re: brettuk] [link to this post]

I happened to drive around Hereford earlier, and while I did I kept an eye out for new BT cabinets. I think I spotted 8 or so and I didn't drive round a lot of Hereford.... I think (hope) we're still on track!

xilo
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 10-Jun-12 21:19:01
Print Post

Where have you see new ones?

Whilst I have seen some fibre containment going In I've yet to see a new cab anywhere.
Standard User brettuk
(regular) Sun 10-Jun-12 21:46:34
Print Post

I've started a map of cabinets that I remember seeing, colour coded, green as a new box, yellow as an old one. Feel free to add your local cabinets smile

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=2038197937670145...

xilo
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sun 10-Jun-12 22:22:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by brettuk:
I've started a map of cabinets that I remember seeing, colour coded, green as a new box, yellow as an old one. Feel free to add your local cabinets smile

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=2038197937670145...

If you want any mapping tips, give us a shout - check my map out for my area, link in my sig.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to