General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Jun-12 12:08:27
Print Post

Confused about FTTC availability to my property

[link to this post]

Can anyone shed some light or give me some advice.

My phone is with Post Office (BT Whole Sale Line rental)

According to a spreadsheet (PCP to Postcode Dec 2011) my postcode CF14 3LE is connected to cabinet P49 and is FTTC deployed phase 1, and I'm on Whitchurch exchange which is also FTTC enabled. FTTC is available in my area.

If I check BT Wholesale ADSL availability check using my postcode I get:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial check on your postcode indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 5.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 4Mbps and 8Mbps.
Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 7Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 4.5Mbps and 11.5Mbps.

If I check BT Wholesale ADSL line check using my landline number I now get:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 1Mbps. However due to the length of your line the 1Mbps service may require an engineer visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.
Our initial test on your line indicates that your line may not support a reliable ADSL Max broadband service, with current technology. However, an order for 250Kbps broadband speed will still be accepted, but an engineer may need to visit who will, where possible, supply the service.
Our initial test on your line indicates that your line may not support a reliable ADSL2+ broadband service, with current technology. However, an order for 250Kbps broadband speed will still be accepted, but an engineer may need to visit who will, where possible, supply the service.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 08-Jun-12 13:19:49
Print Post

Re: Confused about FTTC availability to my property

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

The spreadsheet only shows if the cabinet is planned, as you are unable to recive a FTTC service its quite likely that the cabinet did not have a fibre twin enabled.

http://goo.gl/maps/qReI

Is cabinet 49, is their a Fibre twin next to it?

Will look like either the Huawei128 or Huawei 288

http://www.robertos.me.uk/html/street_cabinets_etc.html

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User greenglide
(member) Fri 08-Jun-12 13:38:59
Print Post

The checker is rubbish unless you give it the phone number which you have done on the seconsd example.

Do you have an ADSL service at present? If so what is the speed?

Is the pictured PCP really yours? If so how far away are you - you could be prevented from getting FTTC because you are too far away, the CAB isnt enabled or the database could be wrong.

Since the database is saying you cannot get ADSL then if you have it might be referring to the wrong line. You havent moved recently or got a new line recently have you?

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload ON THE LINE THAT SKY COULD ONLY PROVIDE 15,255 DOWN AND 800 UP ON!!!,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Jun-12 14:38:35
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

@CXXO Thanks for the map locating th cabinet. I have been racking my brains how to find the location of this cabinet. OK so with your help on that I've taken a short walk to the cabinet, it is no49 and next to it is a Fibre twin.

I also noted on my way back in the adjoining street another cabinet with no number. This is closer to my property than cabinet no49, however the spreadsheet states my postcode should be connected to cabinet 49

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=opera&oe=utf-8...

I have no broadband at current (ADSL). I have only taken over the property and had my line activated with Post Office. I wonder if I should get a new line installed, if this could possibly get conected to FTTC cabinet.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Jun-12 14:48:54
Print Post

Sorry I uploaded wrong link. There is a cabinet along side Gabalfa Baptist Church, Newfoundland Road Cf14. There is no Fibre cabinet next to it.
The church is next door to me. When I check their telephone numer 029 2069 3289 they can have FTTC??
Standard User Justo
(member) Fri 08-Jun-12 15:45:06
Print Post

Sorry but I think you've miss-read the spreadsheet, only 1% of lines in the CF14 3LE area are on cabinet 49 - the other 99% are not in the spreadsheet and are not in the next year+ going to get FTTC. I would imagine that the nearer cabinet you've found is actually yours and isn't planned to be FTTC enabled anytime soon.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Jun-12 17:26:14
Print Post

[re: Justo] [link to this post]

Correct if I am wrong but am I reading 100% of lines on the cabinet for CF14 3LE are FTTC

SWWXC,WHITCHURCH; SOUTH GLAMORGAN,CF143LE,{SWWXC}{P49},0,100%,6.54,1,Yes,FTTC
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 08-Jun-12 19:16:23
Print Post

Its correct i get the same result from the December spreadsheet

SWWXC WHITCHURCH; SOUTH GLAMORGAN CF143LE {SWWXC}{P49} 0 100% 6.54 1 Yes FTTC.

These postcoes below all have 100% of their lines going to cabinet 49- try a few buiness to see if they can get a FTTC service, if they cannot their then could be a problem with the cabinet.

CF143AR
CF143BX
CF143LB
CF143XQ
CF143AD
CF143AN
CF143BJ
CF143AW
CF143AJ
CF143BS
CF143DA
CF143AE
CF143LF
CF143BH
CF103EX
CF143AQ
CF143AS
CF143AL
CF143XG

Be worth sending a email to the CEO of the BT group if -Ian Livingstone as his office has provided alot of answers to odd problems with getting the FTTC service.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Fri 08-Jun-12 19:17:03)

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Fri 08-Jun-12 19:29:05
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

If you read this post here ( http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4124753-can... ), and use the guide in that post coupled with the postcodes that CCXO posted you can very easily check what properties can and can not get FTTC.

If the majority can, then you should be able to as you are only about 350 meters from the cab, once you have your info then contact the CEO of BT, explaining that you think there's an error in the BT Database, and layout you information clearly.

Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Jun-12 22:38:19
Print Post

how recently have you taken over the line? It can take some time for the internal BT databases to be updated when a new number is allocated to a line
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to