General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Timalay
(committed) Sat 09-Jun-12 20:20:07
Print Post

FTTC Sudbury, Suffolk confusion

[link to this post]

When I look at BT Infinity's roll-out map it say's fttc should be available on 30th June. But I look at SamKnows Broadband Checker it says "FTTC should be available in your area from 01/06/2012". Also should be noted that some of the Cabinets have been up for a couple of months now. Slightly puzzled.

Many thanks.
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Jun-12 20:47:26
Print Post

Re: FTTC Sudbury, Suffolk confusion

[re: Timalay] [link to this post]

Samknows says that for pretty much all the exchanges that are due 30/06/12 according to BT (including mine)

Also note that samknows only tracks the exchange activation date. There is no guarantee that your cab will be ready at the same time as the exchange. The often quoted figure is that 10 cabs is the standard number that are ready in the first batch.

Kris

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Fibre due June 2012!
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Jun-12 12:13:46
Print Post

Re: FTTC Sudbury, Suffolk confusion

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kr1s69:
Also note that samknows only tracks the exchange activation date. There is no guarantee that your cab will be ready at the same time as the exchange.

Exactly - my exchange THFB was activated for FTTC in late 2010 (I think a pilot area) as over half the town couldn't get sync on ADSL - then the cabs closer to the exchange were added during 2011 - missing mine. Still waiting :-/

James - be* pro - 16.8 or 17.2mbps BQM
No FTTC cabinet yet (due Mar 2011) at THFB PCP 5

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to