Thanks for the reply
Before interleaving depth increased (which I hate as I'm a first person gamer too, but at the current level of interleaving I can tolerate it) I found when I had a sudden burst of FEC's and HEC's (10k - 30k in an extremely short period of time) it rendered the downstream almost unusable. Ironically the upstream and ping wasn't effected. In order to restore my connection I found disconnecting the RJ11 cable and reconnecting it made it work again, for a while anyway. Strangely the noise virtually disappeared when this was done, as you can see from the HEC/FEC error graphs for last night at 11pm and 1am. If I didn't intervene the modem didn't automatically lose sync and re-establish.
Now interleaving is enabled, the line appears stable, but I thought that it might also be masking a line problem, I suppose I'll only know this as and when DLM reduced the interleaving depth back to 1 (OFF).
My original attainable rate on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and part of Monday was around 103Mbps~, but since then has gone down a little (not a big problem though as I can see). I'll go along with this 10 day thing I keep hearing about, though from my understanding I thought the DLM constantly monitors the line anyway.
Finally, in regards to the FEC count, as I say, before interleaving depth was increased this morning about 5:30am I found the connection became unusable when I had a huge burst of them come in. As soon as I disconnect and reconnect the RJ11 cable it goes back to normal. Hmm, I'm confused
. I found analysing ADSL errors was far easier.
I forgot to say that I'm more than happy with the connection when it's stable, but there are, or were (before interleaving depth increased) occurances where it was unusable until I disconnected and reconnected the RJ11 lead. On the day it was installed, Friday of last week, the engineer and myself were stunned when I said my estimate was 58/18.
Edited by Ixel (Wed 13-Jun-12 16:44:32)