Yes, it is a new development built on light industrial land surrounded by older housing.
I've looked on the list, it says there's a 13% chance I'm connected to a cabinet which will be getting fibre and a 46% chance I'm connected to a cabinet that won't. I don't know what happened to the other 41%, perhaps that's the probability that I'm not connected to any cabinet?
The BT ADSL Checker "knows" which your line is connected to if you give it your telephone number.
If it does not mention FTTC then your are problably one of the unlucky ones.
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload ON THE LINE THAT SKY COULD ONLY PROVIDE 15,255 DOWN AND 800 UP ON!!!,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!