General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ixel
(newbie) Sun 17-Jun-12 09:26:23
Print Post

DLM Question

[link to this post]

Hi,
Is it normal for your modem to lose sync somewhere around 5:50am - 6:10am when your DLM profile is due to change? It has happened twice so far, once when my interleaving depth was increased and about two days later, this morning in other words at roughly the same time, to reduce my interleaving depth. I can't see that as coincidence that my modem just suddenly lost sync with the cabinet at roughly the same hours with DLM profile changes occurring. My modem hasn't lost sync on other mornings at 6am, just when the profile has changed it seemed to.

Thanks in advance.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 17-Jun-12 09:34:57
Print Post

Re: DLM Question

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

I think it sounds like your modem lost sync and DLM reacted by changing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Ixel
(newbie) Sun 17-Jun-12 09:38:51
Print Post

Re: DLM Question

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
I think it sounds like your modem lost sync and DLM reacted by changing.

I see, just coincidence after all then. I'll keep an eye out for the next change and see if it occurs at around 6am again. Third time will be very lucky if it happens at the same hour tongue. The last change this morning was a slight reduction in the interleaving depth and an increase back to 79999 downstream (from 73322).

Thanks.

Edited by Ixel (Sun 17-Jun-12 09:39:33)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to