General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 17-Jun-12 21:03:24
Print Post

Pegswood FTTC

[link to this post]

Hi,

I am trying to find out if and when Pegswood are going to get its cabs upgraded. BT have advised that the exchange is enabled but they do not have a date for the cab.

Is there a way of getting information to see when the planned dates for upgrades will be.

Thanks

S
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Sun 17-Jun-12 21:04:46
Print Post

Re: Pegswood FTTC

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Whats your postcode?

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Jun-12 21:06:27
Print Post

What's your post code? I can check to see if it connects to a cabinet being upgraded.

A number of the Pegswood cabinets are being done now as part of the Ashington roll out.

Ashington is due 30th June.

Kris

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Fibre due June 2012!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 17-Jun-12 21:07:20
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

NE61 6TF
(isp) Sun 17-Jun-12 21:25:05
Print Post

Unfortunately your line is what is known as an "exchange line". This means that you cannot receive FTTC as your line is delivered straight from the exchange rather than via a local cabinet. It appears that your estate is all served by an exchange line, possibly due to the fact that when the estate was developed there was not enough capacity in the existing cabinet that serves nearby streets, so they ran a new cable direct from the exchange.

Of course, this would not be a problem in the past as ADSL and Voice services don't care if you are fed from a cabinet or not. It's only an issue now because FTTC can't be provided but when they built the estate FTTC was not even invented!

Sorry about that!

James

James

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!

Edited by Adsl24 (Sun 17-Jun-12 21:28:33)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User HarpingOn
(newbie) Mon 18-Jun-12 08:18:02
Print Post

What about NE616TN ?

Also in pegswood, but I can't be sure if I'm a cabinet, or direct exchange. There seems to be some confusion.
(isp) Mon 18-Jun-12 08:20:25
Print Post

[re: HarpingOn] [link to this post]

NE61 6TN is the lucky postcode on that estate as it is served by a cabinet. Two in fact, Some are on cab 9 and the others 10, but both are being planned for FTTC so doesn't matter!

James

Standard User HarpingOn
(newbie) Tue 26-Jun-12 12:45:56
Print Post

Talktalk website just moved today, from July to September 2012.

BT Wholesale checker still doesn't mention FTTC for NE616TN.

Sigh.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 09-Jul-12 19:16:19
Print Post

What about NE61 6SE - stupidly I have signed up to BT broadband, last week, thinking that the hotspots would be beneficial... Not so fast at all so pretty pointless and the speed at home for broadband is 1.78mbps and has been 0.30mbps - previous provider was a minimum speed of 2.70mbps....

However, as you seem to be in the know re: what lines will receive fibre optic from BT could you kindly let me know your thoughts on mine.

Greatly appreciated smile
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Mon 09-Jul-12 19:56:45
Print Post

Good news, at least in the December data, NE616SE has all lines supplied by PCP 26, which is scheduled in phase 8A (sometime around now) for FTTC, uplift is 14.95 times what you get now, but this is just a guide.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to