General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User omgFTTC
(newbie) Fri 22-Jun-12 00:45:55
Print Post

Phase 8b closing off jobs?

[link to this post]

Just curious, in bt Phase 8b, openreach have installed and wired all new cabinets, they have left town guess moved on to new installs,

I believe Phase 8b is to be completed 1st of sept,

My question is as all the work is done is it common for the new cabinets to go live sooner?
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Fri 22-Jun-12 08:13:26
Print Post

Re: Phase 8b closing off jobs?

[re: omgFTTC] [link to this post]

Cabinets can be enabled once all the infrastructure that serves that cabinet is installed.

The March/June/September/December dates are just placeholder dates, if the exchage is not accepting orders by the date it will change to the next three month date, but could be enabled anytime, or slip again.

Also, just because the cabinets are in, does not mean the fibres been blown to them, or the power is connected etc.

The three exchanges in our area originally had a March date which moved to 30 June. Two exchanges went live a week or two back with 5 cabs on each exchange going live, as the weeks have gone by some more cabs have been enabled.

Edited by R0NSKI (Fri 22-Jun-12 08:14:29)

Standard User omgFTTC
(newbie) Fri 22-Jun-12 09:15:05
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

thanks for info

If bt wholesale checker says my line already supports fibre etc, doesnt that mean my cabinet has power?

The cabinet map in your sig how could i get one for my postcode area?

thanks for any info smile

Edited by omgFTTC (Fri 22-Jun-12 09:23:23)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Fri 22-Jun-12 10:18:18
Print Post

[re: omgFTTC] [link to this post]

If the BT checker says your line supports FTTC rather than a date for FTTC then your good to order.

As for the map you'll need to create one by finding all the cabinets in your area and then mapping them on Google Maps. This process can be made easier by exporting each cabinets post codes from the leaked spreadsheet and then mapping them with Batchgeo, this will help locate the cabinets and make an educated guess to cabinet numbers if the cabinet does not have a number on it . There are also other ways of confirming cabinet numbers.

If you still want to know more let me know.

Print Thread

Jump to