General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 22-Jun-12 09:56:29
Print Post

One happy bunny

[link to this post]

Just gone onto the Plusnet 80/20 trial from their 40/2 product. Sync'ed at 59025/17778.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Fri 22-Jun-12 10:02:01
Print Post

Re: One happy bunny

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ooh, I thought you weren't going to do that! It will be interesting to see where it settles. Mine has settled at 65443/20000, been the same for nearly a month now, but it was as high as 75300 in the early days and has had a brief period above 70000 since. I am about 450m from the cabinet via fairly ancient telegraph poles.

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 22-Jun-12 10:10:08
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Call me fickle tongue.

Apparently I can go back if I don't like the price when it goes standard product.

600m from the cabinet, both paced and according to the installing engineer's JDSU.

I also got Bald_Eagle1's logging and graphs going last night about 8pm, and the upgrade was at 4:23. Some interesting happenings on my noise margin showing up. Wish I'd put the effort in earlier to do that, but on 40/10 (IDNet) and 40/2 PN it wasn't relevant, as both were rock solid connections.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Fri 22-Jun-12 12:57:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Call me fickle tongue.

Apparently I can go back if I don't like the price when it goes standard product.

That's correct, but the good news is it won't being going to a standard product any time soon, PN has said it's product refresh won't happen until towards the end of the year. Seeing how they drag their feet it will probably be much longer.

The bad news.. ........you will have got so used to the speed you won't want to go back smile

Edited by R0NSKI (Fri 22-Jun-12 13:24:40)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 22-Jun-12 13:02:59
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
The bad news.. ........you will have got so used to the speed you won't to go back smile
You never know.

I've said many times, the download speed is not of much relevance to me. I don't use P2P. The upload of 2Mbps was a bit of a pain, but there may very well be 40/10 by then. Though what will be available on "Value" is a completely different matter.

We shall see smile.

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Fri 22-Jun-12 13:28:11
Print Post

The lack of a 40/10 product was my biggest bone of contention, it's been rumoured for over a year now and is supposed to happening along with the product refresh later in the year.

It's also rumoured to be an add on for an additional monthly charge, £2 I think was mentioned.

Back in February they blamed their billing system for the lack of the 10mb upload option, and said it would be launched once they tested their billing system in about a months time, but alas still nothing.......

Standard User kasg
(experienced) Fri 22-Jun-12 14:17:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Though what will be available on "Value" is a completely different matter.

If they follow the lead of other suppliers the "value" product is likely to remain at 40/2 (or 40/10) and the "extra" product upgraded to 80/20, possibly at no extra cost.

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Mon 25-Jun-12 17:30:18
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
It's also rumoured to be an add on for an additional monthly charge, £2 I think was mentioned.

Back in February they blamed their billing system for the lack of the 10mb upload option, and said it would be launched once they tested their billing system in about a months time, but alas still nothing.......

The £2 add-on is fully tested and works. There's not much point to it though because you may as well take advantage of the 80/20 trial instead seeing as it doesn't cost anything.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Jun-12 17:49:08
Print Post

How does your sync compare with BT's estimate for your line? They gave me an estimate of 61/20 but I get 79999/20000 sync, with attainable rates around 100/34. The line is around 300m which was a guess by the engineer since he did not seem to have a JDSU.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile
Standard User philippercival
(experienced) Mon 25-Jun-12 18:27:08
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

How does one get on the 80/20 trial?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to