General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cf1
(newbie) Thu 28-Jun-12 17:48:36
Print Post

FTTC Rollout in Brentford

[link to this post]

My exchange is now enabled and a number of cabinet's in the area have now been enabled, however according to the December PCP my cabient hasn't even been allocated a phase yet.

TW8 9RN, Isleworth, P75

Is it possible to find out if that has changed in subsequent PCP plans?

This is mainly as I am looking to move ISPs but given my line length my current poor sync speed so I will want to move to FTTC as soon as it is availible and would prefer to not have to move twice!

So if it is at least planned in the next few months; I will probably postpone until then, it not then I might has well move twice.
Standard User Boomish
(newbie) Thu 05-Jul-12 04:13:48
Print Post

Re: FTTC Rollout in Brentford

[re: cf1] [link to this post]

I'd like to know too, it says we're FTTC enabled but I can't find amythng on a date for our street.
Tw80PL. Appreciate any help
Standard User Boomish
(newbie) Thu 05-Jul-12 23:45:47
Print Post

[re: Boomish] [link to this post]

Can no one help us find out?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 06-Jul-12 01:25:18
Print Post

doesn't look good guys, not part of phase.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 06-Jul-12 16:50:32
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Thats ridiculous , is there anyone we can contact? or find out why every where around us has FTTC we been told December, then April , then June, now I dunno when, The exchange is done but no plans for Brentford..???
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Jul-12 19:45:13
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Thats ridiculous , is there anyone we can contact? or find out why every where around us has FTTC we been told December, then April , then June, now I dunno when, The exchange is done but no plans for Brentford..???
I somewhat doubt that Brentford has been overlooked, instead it is more likely to be one or more cabinets.

BT, being a private company answerable to its shareholders, will only install an FTTC cabinet where they project a reasonable return on their investment. Other reasons for not installing an FTTC twin for a PCP is suspected to be where the cabinet serves a large number of busineses and BT is trying to protect its income from leased lines.
Standard User Boomish
(newbie) Sat 07-Jul-12 01:23:23
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Can anyone provide me some links where to look the cabinets & phases up? Been searching for hours now..
I can't believe that Brentford is being bypassed, every area around here has it..

Appreciate any help..
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Jul-12 04:00:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by Boomish:
Can anyone provide me some links where to look the cabinets & phases up? Been searching for hours now..
I can't believe that Brentford is being bypassed, every area around here has it..

Appreciate any help..
Of the 87 PCP cabinets on the Isleworth exchange listed in the December spreadsheet 39 are planned to have or already have FTTC installed. Installation was scheduled for some in phase 6a (should have been completed some time ago) with the rest in phase 9b. Note that some of the cabs where FTTC is not currently planned serve just one or two postcodes suggesting that they might be in industrial areas.
Standard User Boomish
(newbie) Sat 07-Jul-12 20:20:42
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply MCM, can you tell me where to find this information?
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 08-Jul-12 04:04:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Boomish:
Thanks for the reply MCM, can you tell me where to find this information?
The latest available is that in the leaked BT spreadsheets from December 2011. ISPs have access to a more recent April 2012 version. You should hopefully be able to find references to this spreadsheet and where a copy can be contained in posts in this forum. I can't remember where I found my copies however the spreadsheets were removed from the site I used shortly after I obtained them.

In December 2011 the spreadsheets showed that of the phone lines in TW8 0PL 98% were connected to PCP P18 and 1% to PCP P70 (the missing 1% is due to rounding) with the bad news being that at that time (Dec 2011) there were no plans to install FTTC cabinets to either P18 or P70. Hopefully these will get picked up when BT starts to infill and update cabs missed out on the first round.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to