General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Jun-12 18:11:01
Print Post

Bt wholesale Broadband checker

[link to this post]

Is giving me incorrect info regarding fibre (FTTC) if i enter in my post code
In reference to i.imgur.com/Sg2bF.png:
Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th June2012,Our tests also indicate that your line currently supports a fibre technology
what total nonsense no FFTC cab or any signs of it appearing also none have been installed as yet and are not even planned until next month or august , but if i input my number theres no mention of FTTC and i know for a fact my line isn't E.O.
But the estimated speeds will be somewhere near as using Google maps i estimate the D side pair length to be around the 300-350mtr mark, possibly a bit less , i estimated around the 75mbps mark d/s and the full 20mbps u/s

As for which isp i would have an FTTC service via, i'm not too sure as yet, but it would certainly not be BT retail

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 28-Jun-12 18:16:44)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 28-Jun-12 18:13:06
Print Post

Re: Bt wholesale Broadband checker

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Postcode checking is always suspect, as a postcode can be covered by two or more cabinets. If exchange is enabled, it may be there are some lines on a different cab that is in enabled in your postcode.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Jun-12 18:31:15
Print Post

Re: Bt wholesale Broadband checker

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Postcode checking is always suspect, as a postcode can be covered by two or more cabinets. If exchange is enabled, it may be there are some lines on a different cab that is in enabled in your postcode.
As my post code only covers 1 street, and that street is served by only 1 PCP cab infact the Dec 11 spreadsheet confirms this , and as already said there are no FTTC cabs installed on my exchange as yet, So proves that the generated information provided should not be relied upon or used as any sort of guide/speed estimate by other isp's

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to