General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kelvinmc
(newbie) Thu 28-Jun-12 20:47:52
Print Post

FTTC Prescot

[link to this post]

SamKnows says that prescot exchange is going RFS 1 June 2012 (still waiting) it has been April then May, TalkTalk has been giving a connection date on their checker that follows SamKnows but this week has changed to Oct 2012. According to CoolWebHome.co.uk my cabinet is P39, my postcode is WA9 5TX. Looking around the area have found a number of cabinets one numbered 42 and 2 others next to each other numbered 6017B1 & 60170C not found cabinet P39 yet

CooWebHome.co.uk knows my cabinet number so I wandered if there is any way of finding out where it is on a map, can't be far away. Also has anyone knowledge of what is happening to Prescot exchange and when it will get fibre released
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Jun-12 21:49:58
Print Post

Re: FTTC Prescot

[re: kelvinmc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kelvinmc:
SamKnows says that prescot exchange is going RFS 1 June 2012 (still waiting) it has been April then May, TalkTalk has been giving a connection date on their checker that follows SamKnows but this week has changed to Oct 2012. According to CoolWebHome.co.uk my cabinet is P39, my postcode is WA9 5TX. Looking around the area have found a number of cabinets one numbered 42 and 2 others next to each other numbered 6017B1 & 60170C not found cabinet P39 yet

CooWebHome.co.uk knows my cabinet number so I wandered if there is any way of finding out where it is on a map, can't be far away. Also has anyone knowledge of what is happening to Prescot exchange and when it will get fibre released
I recognise that area,Google maps Rainhill road the site was part of the old Victorian asylum (psychiatric hospital) is the Scott clinic still there on Elton head rd ?
The cabs at the location in my link could possibly be BT PCPs and if they are they could serve where you live , but those cabs you refer to with lots of digits are probably virgin media cable cabs any bt PCP will typically have the markings PCP followed by it's number usually only 21 or 2 digits

Standard User kelvinmc
(newbie) Thu 28-Jun-12 22:12:35
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Yes - from your Google maps link - those are the cabinets with the long numbers. Do you know where P39 is?
My house is on the old Rainhill Hospital site, I worked there on placement as a student nurse years and years ago, the Scott Clinic is still there my dog got under the fence the other day!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(committed) Thu 28-Jun-12 22:13:50
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Dont believe they are.
Think this is PCP 39
Standard User kelvinmc
(newbie) Thu 28-Jun-12 22:46:25
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thank you I will have a look at that cabinet, how do you do that? where do you get your info from?
Standard User kelvinmc
(newbie) Sat 28-Jul-12 15:18:39
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Just spotted a brand new taller ventilated cabinet next to PCP 39, the cabinet was not there 4 weeks ago I've not found it on google maps, any ideas as to what it may be?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 28-Jul-12 15:20:31
Print Post

[re: kelvinmc] [link to this post]

An FTTC cab

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
  Print Thread

Jump to