General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 29-Jun-12 12:11:15
Print Post

Saddleworth exchange delays Grasscroft

[link to this post]

Hello

I live on Mossley Road, Grasscroft and I am tearing my hair out at the continued delays in getting fibre optic. It's now back to Sept 2012, 15 months after we were told we'd get it. Does anyone have any idea why and if we will ever get fibre optic? I'm starting my business in the next 12 months and fibre optic will really be important to me. Thanks.
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Fri 29-Jun-12 12:31:41
Print Post

Re: Saddleworth exchange delays Grasscroft

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Like everone else you will get it when it becomes available.

This not a leased line type service whereby BT or other suppliers will give you dates and accept loads of money in exchange.

As long as you are in the roll out plan (use BT ADSL Checker with the telephone number) then you will get it when the date finally stops being pushed forward in 3 month increments.

You certainly cannot make business plans around the delivery of this service.

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload ON THE LINE THAT SKY COULD ONLY PROVIDE 15,255 DOWN AND 800 UP ON!!!,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Jun-12 17:22:26
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by greenglide:
You certainly cannot make business plans around the delivery of this service.

Exactly. My cabinet is now in, and the roadworks complete, but the number checkers were saying end of June, so now say "30th Sept". I'm hoping it will go live any time now :-/

James - be* pro - 16.8mbps sync - BQM
FTTC cab arrived 18-jun-2012 (due Mar 2011) - Openreach estimate 44.6Mbps / 6.5Mbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 29-Jun-12 18:18:37
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I've not made plans around it, it would increase my workflow efficiency if it was installed but I can still operate on the 3mb I get. I'm not stupid.

However I am aware I will get it when it comes out, I was after a slightly more helpful explanation as to the delays such as some I have found on here explaining issues in Delph where pavements are too narrow. I was wondering if there is a similar issue with the hub near me.

But thanks anyway.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Fri 29-Jun-12 19:52:26
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Their can be many reasons why the delay is being caused, if you can find the engineering teams working on the cabinets ask them as they should know roughly.

My Broadband Speed Test
  Print Thread

Jump to