General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iand
(experienced) Sat 30-Jun-12 14:24:09
Print Post

FTTC coming, no its not

[link to this post]

The town I am in had FTTC enabled April/May, but the estate where I live was missed out. I check the bt web site, from time to time, living in hope. Well yesterday Friday it said this smile.

"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th June 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 72.3 Mbps and upstream line speed of 20 Mbps. Furthermore your exchange is due to be enabled for multicast services on fibre lines by 30th June 2012, please contact your provider for further details."

Yepee...... Was looking to camp out in the road today to see how BT could dig the road up, install a new cab, pull the fibre, commision the link and then test it all in 1 day. Was going to be fun watching it all happen at super fast "fiber speed".

Checked again this morning and the fibre message was gone. What a Dallas momemt.

Waiting for the next time frown

IanD
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 30-Jun-12 14:38:53
Print Post

Re: FTTC coming, no its not

[re: iand] [link to this post]

I had the exact same thing happen. Hoping tomorrow it will change back smile
Standard User Mitchy_mitch
(experienced) Sat 30-Jun-12 16:13:59
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Fingers crossed for you. I had a very similar thing about 18 months ago, unfortunately i am still waiting. My cabinet was left out in the end. Although, i am hoping that if they do get round to upgrading the cab, they will decide to go fttp ;0)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sat 30-Jun-12 17:14:24
Print Post

I've noticed similar things with our cabinets (although the FTTC twin is installed) yesterday loads had speed estimates and a date of 30th June, today back to normal frown

Standard User iand
(experienced) Sat 30-Jun-12 17:57:11
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

we do not even have a cabinet yet frown
I knew it was a mistake, but may be it was showing the correct speed calculation. If so I should get a reasonable speed once it is connected, AFTER CHRISTMAS.

IanD
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sat 30-Jun-12 21:17:25
Print Post

Yeah I've had a speed estimate at work for ages, but no cabinet yet.

Standard User Stoo
(regular) Sat 30-Jun-12 21:41:13
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
Yeah I've had a speed estimate at work for ages, but no cabinet yet.

I'm the opposite - we've had a cab for months, but I've never had any estimated date out of the wholesale checker! confused laugh
  Print Thread

Jump to