General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Jul-12 13:07:57
Print Post

Aiport Extreme on Infinity 2

[link to this post]

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on what would be the best way to connect my own router instead of the HH3? I have the settings that I need for the Airport to replace the HH3 but I am not sure when to connect it due to DLM?

I am having my Fibre connection installed in a weeks time, do I connect the HH3 for 10 days then swap it out or can I connect the AE as soon as the open reach modem is in?

Any comments or suggestions would be great....

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 03-Jul-12 13:12:36
Print Post

Re: Aiport Extreme on Infinity 2

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

The HH3 does not maintain the sync across the VDSL2 link, so can be replaced on day 1.

You might want to use the HH3 for a day or two, as if you have any issues and phone up, they will expect you to have the HH3 in place.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 03-Jul-12 13:17:57
Print Post

As soon as.

Just don't reboot or disconnect the modem until after the end of the second day, including the day of connection. That's if it is connected for more than 15 minutes in the first day. If it is connected for less than 15 minutes in the first day then don't mess until after the end of the third day.

Unplugging the HH from it and connecting your own is fine, right from the start.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Jul-12 13:21:00
Print Post

When my Infinity was installed the OR engineers set up the HH3 but as soon as they left I swapped the HH3 for my AE and it has been running ever since.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile
  Print Thread

Jump to