General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 04-Jul-12 13:23:06
Print Post

When does the BT Wholesale checker update?

[link to this post]

I am intrigued as to when in the cabinet deployment process the BT wholesale checker first updates to show a future FTTC availability on a particular line.

In this particular instance the checker makes no reference to FTTC in its results, however they have this week begun installing the cabinet. Trying other telephone numbers in very close proximity to the cabinet reveals identical results (i.e. no mention of FTTC). Other lines slightly further away (and connected to cabinets installed some months back) do show the service as being available to order.

Is this typical? I'm guessing that they have omitted to update the lines connected to this PCP with "coming soon" information, which presumably will be fixed once the data is updated to reflect a "ready to order" status?

Thanks,
David
Standard User HarpingOn
(newbie) Wed 04-Jul-12 14:02:15
Print Post

Re: When does the BT Wholesale checker update?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Same here. No mention of fttc at all on the checker, and we've had cabinets for months. I'd be interested to know the answer, but I suspect the next update will be after the work has completed and the service is available to order
Standard User msmith
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 04-Jul-12 16:55:37
Print Post

Round where I live the cabinets were switched over to the new ones around the end of April start of May. At the time the checker had an estimated date of end of June. The next town over by about 3 miles had the "Not currently in rollout plans" showing. Last week, the checker updates to show that my town gets pushed another quarter to the end of Sept and that next town over suddenly gets switched to "Accepting Orders".

So, if you've only just got the new cabinets installed within the last week or so then there's still quite a while to go yet before you will be able to place an order. Hopefully it won't be as long a wait as mine has (so far) turned out to be.

Anyway, if you've not seen the "new" site the Open Reach people are using to "announce" exchanges then click this...

http://superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

...as tweeted by them last week...

https://twitter.com/#!/Openreach_news

Not sure if they're still using the twitter account to announce or not as nothing new has appeared since that site posting.

:------:
: Digg :
:------:

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User HarpingOn
(newbie) Wed 04-Jul-12 17:05:37
Print Post

[re: msmith] [link to this post]

My exchange is AO, but they use the weasely "not all cabinets" phrase, without telling you which ones.

They could make life so much easier on us if only they provided decent info.

Still, that's monopoly services for you.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 04-Jul-12 23:02:52
Print Post

[re: HarpingOn] [link to this post]

To be clear, the exchange has been "fibre enabled" for about a year now, and pretty much all the other cabinets they have been working on in the latest batch (in last month or so) have had a sticker applied advertising that "fibre broadband is here" - which I take to be an assurance that orders can already be placed on those cabinets. Therefore I was surprised to see that the checker was not yet suggesting that fibre was "coming soon" for the specific cabinet being worked on this week.

Nevertheless the cabinet work is not complete yet, so we'll see what happens once that is done, and perhaps once they display one of the aforementioned advertising stickers the checker will update to permit order placement.

David
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Thu 05-Jul-12 00:14:45
Print Post

The posters are put up by Openreach staff in their own time, so they do not always reffer to a cabinet being live, if work is still going on you have to wait till it has finished.

Best to keep checking the BT wholesale asdl checker as once the work on the cabinet is completed it will update to show that it is live and accepting orders.

My Broadband Speed Test
  Print Thread

Jump to