General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User don0301
(newbie) Thu 05-Jul-12 15:35:19
Print Post

Colchester Council refusing planning on some cabinet install

[link to this post]

been digging around, and discovered Colchester council have refused planning on my local cabinet frown

ive been led to believe that bt will make 2 applications and then drop it.

i just cannot believe the council are refusing these sorts of applications.

wondering where i should go from here.....
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Thu 05-Jul-12 15:43:53
Print Post

Re: Colchester Council refusing planning on some cabinet ins

[re: don0301] [link to this post]

Next time they apply get everybody you can to support the application, this can normally be done online. Also badger your local mp and council members .

Standard User Ribble
(committed) Thu 05-Jul-12 15:45:09
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

OP , why did the council refuse the application?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dspillett
(committed) Thu 05-Jul-12 16:05:43
Print Post

wondering where i should go from here.....
The first thing to do is lookup why the permission was refused - this should be recorded in publicly available documentation.

There may be legitimate objection - perhaps the positions selected by BT, or any other bits of landscape that may need digging up for a time for the install, are seen as having the possibility of causing some sort of unacceptable disruption/blockage/damage. If that is the case then there is little you can do (other than perhaps encourage BT to try find another practical solution but that might not be possible).

If the objections seem wrong in some way (just plain incorrect, complaints from a body that has no business interferring, other apparently politically motivated descision making, ...) then you might have sufficient cause to question the decision (I'm not sure how an individual would go about appealing such a ruling though).

If the problem is local residents objecting (there are places where new cabs have been refused because the residents thought a new green box would damage the beauty of their overpriced neighborhood) then you may have a local squabble on your hands!

In any case if there is another application in or due to go in (IIRC BT do appeal or make a different application with an altered plan in the first instance) make sure you find out about it so you can rally any positive force you can muster.

--------------------------------------------------------
Current Line: Andrews & Arnold (AAISP) via 80/20 FTTC, getting close to the full rate both ways, joined July 2011, upgraded from 40/10 to 80/20 May 2012.
Previous setup: Be Pro with UploadPlus (ADSL2+, AnnexM), 12ish Mbit down, 1.6 up, happy customer for ~2.5 years.
Standard User don0301
(newbie) Thu 05-Jul-12 17:10:56
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

the application was made by an engineering firm on behalf of BT

the application was aug 2011 for prior approval

apparently its in a conservation area

also, there were concerns that not enough detail had been given about some trees in the vicinity not being damaged

also, concern that not enough detail had been given that the adjacent footpath would remain at least 1.2m wide.

a streetworks application was made jan this year, for the work to be done in jan, but was refused. that was Essex council, and still waiting to find out more information.

ive only been finding this out today, by rummaging around. BT are no help at all at information.

i called my local councillor earlier who is gonna speak with the planning case officer.

i was led to believe by TalkTalk that the service would be available this month, but it doesnt look like anything is happening now frown

the engineering firm were helpful, and said they would try to contact BT on my behalf to find out anything.
Standard User don0301
(newbie) Thu 05-Jul-12 17:12:26
Print Post

looking through the colchester council website

it seems several applications have been refused for different reasons

GOGO colchester council.....

this is the refusal:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lltsv3vvjlu7luc

Edited by don0301 (Thu 05-Jul-12 17:26:29)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 05-Jul-12 18:55:20
Print Post

Link to the application:

http://www.planning.colchester.gov.uk/WAM/showCaseFi...

Possible actions:

1. Riing Sue Jackson at the council (the case officer) and ask her if BT or their agent have been in touch subsequent to the refusal with a view to amending the application. If not ask her if there is somewhere the cabinet could be sited in the vicinity of the PCP that would not cause issue with the street scene policy and tree preservation.

2. ring BT's agent and ask them to talk to Mse Jackson before raising a new application.

As with all things planning, ring the case officer and get an update from the horses mouth.
Standard User don0301
(newbie) Thu 05-Jul-12 19:08:31
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

thanks for advice

ive spoken with my local councillor who said he will speak with the case officer

i couldnt get hold of the case officer today, but will try again tomorrow

as i said, the agent is supposed to be getting back to me, after speaking with BT

just cant believe the council would refuse this.....

and to think if i hadnt dug around, i wouldnt have known...
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 05-Jul-12 19:12:12
Print Post

Is this your PCP cabiinet?

If so there is plenty of space to get the cabinett off the main raod and avoid the the trees. If this is the right PCP it would seem to make sense to put the FTTC cab right next to it, keeping the tie cabes and any ducting short, and getting no closer to the trees than the existing cab.

It would not have looked too pretty where the agent's (IMHO quite poor) diagram shows it.

I am of course not a planning expert.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 05-Jul-12 19:14:39
Print Post

sorry forgot to insert link, or the board is removing the link

O'll try again

http://goo.gl/maps/NvzO

so if it doesn't appear above. the link to it on google maps is

http:// goo.gl/maps/NvZO but with no spaces.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to