General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vf12vf
(learned) Fri 06-Jul-12 16:44:53
Print Post

when will i know when FTTC is ready to order

[link to this post]

Hi all,
my exchange is due, or so the FTTC checker says any day now...Jun 12. the green fibre cabs are in place and no more activity from the Openreach guys, so how do i know when it all goes live and i can order it. im sure i read on here soemwhere that stickers were placed on the cabinets, others disputed this.
the cab is only 200mtrs from my house so i am looking forward to a good speed increase, if i only knew when it was ready and working.

http://fttc-check.alc.im/results.php?postcode=PO226RD

thx
Standard User vf12vf
(learned) Fri 06-Jul-12 16:47:31
Print Post

Re: when will i know when FTTC is ready to order

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

just looked at samknows and the date has changed to sept 12, but it would still be usefull to know how they publicize it.
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Fri 06-Jul-12 16:54:34
Print Post

Re: when will i know when FTTC is ready to order

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

You'll only really know when your cabinet is enabled by using the BT checker, if it does not recognise your number make sure you didn't put a space in it. If it still does not recognise it (Non BT line) then use your house number/name and postcode on the address checker.

Best way to check if your exchange is live is to look on the Superfast Where and When website

You'll also need to know if your cabinet is being done, you can check the December 2011 data here but there is a new April 2012 list that only ISP's have access to

Edit: Note it is possible that the data could be wrong, so if you think your cabinet should be live, check a few other addresses or numbers that are supplied from your cabinet.

Edited by R0NSKI (Fri 06-Jul-12 19:11:12)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to