General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 06-Jul-12 18:58:05
Print Post

Poster on cab, cab not ready

[link to this post]

Hi all,

As per subject really, I've followed our exchange's fibre rollout over the last six months, and at this point I'm fairly sure our cab is the only one left on the deployment list that has not been commisioned yet (fibre cab has been in place since february)

Early this week I noticed postes being put on the cabs (you know, the "fibre broafband is here" thing) it made sense as all the ones I saw the posters popping up on I knew were ready for action.

To my amazement yesterday the poster appeared on our cab so first thing I did when I got home was consult the checker with baited breath!! what - still says 30/9

So my question is this, has anyone else had this happen, or could the cab be actually active but the checker is screwed up, btw I have checked several other numbers on the same cab to the same result.

Thanks for your replies in advance

Andy
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 06-Jul-12 19:10:08
Print Post

Re: Poster on cab, cab not ready

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Unless you have seen a new physical cab beside the one you know your phone line is fed from, then its 99% that its not ready for you yet.

Keep looking for the new cab and hay you may get lucky then.

IanD
Standard User kitcat
(member) Fri 06-Jul-12 19:21:37
Print Post

Check again tomorrow, and again monday, some day soon it will be live!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zag164
(learned) Fri 06-Jul-12 19:50:50
Print Post

Can you here the fans in the new cabinet? If not then UK power networks may not have installed power yet (else they have installed power and left switched off ready for BT).

Our cabinet was also one of the last in the deployment and things moved quickly once the cabinet was in place. After the cabinet was installed UK Power Networks came back 2-3 weeks later then OR came back for 2 more days the next week. Immediately after that the cabinet went live and FTTC was available to order (1 month earlier than RFS date). So you may be very close.

Keep an eye out on http://www.roadworks.org.

It does appear odd and misleading for them to put a "Fibre broadband is here" sticker on the box if it is not!
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Jul-12 20:27:52
Print Post

It's just advertising. I see adverts for new Ford cars which I might buy in surrounding areas, but you can't buy a new Ford in vacinity.

Print Thread

Jump to