General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 07-Jul-12 10:46:42
Print Post

PCP check request

[link to this post]

Hi,
Im in Sheringham which has soft launched FTTC (no fanfare/openreach tweets)
Both cabinets at the bottom of the road have had their fibre twins since January and the one attached to PCP15 went live at the end of June.
The one connected to PCP2 that covers NR268NA is not live (not even sure it has anything fitted inside as I only ever saw people working on the PCP15 FTTC twin.
In the light of no information being available through official channels I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to check the latest spreadsheet and see if PCP2 has been given a new date.

Many thanks

Stephen
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 07-Jul-12 12:08:54
Print Post

Re: PCP check request

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Unfortunately only ISPs have the new spreadsheet, and it doesn't give dates anyway. Only "phases" which don't seem to change if a particular cabinet is delayed. A good sign is if you stick your ear near the vents and can hear the cooling fans running. (I'm not joking).

Your only real place to look is the BT Wholesale checker.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Sun 08-Jul-12 22:19:31
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

There are only six cabs live on your exchange so not all are done yet, and those six were only enabled in June, so I don't think yours will be too far behind.

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 09-Jul-12 12:09:22
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply James. It looks like all the FTTC cabinets installed in January/Feb are live except for the one connected to PCP2, I did notice replacement doors on this very old PCP last month so perhaps there was a problem that is delaying it.

I'm guilty of too much anticipation I think, this is what it must have been like in Victorian times when gas and electricity were being connected to the homes of the masses. At least green box fever has got me out of the house on exploitative walks...
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 21-Sep-12 16:21:55
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

James, do you know whats happening with PCP1 on SMBA? BT keep changing their minds between FTTC and FTTP, and from being down as enabled on 20th Feb 2013, to by the end of March !
  Print Thread

Jump to