General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Timalay
(committed) Sat 07-Jul-12 15:23:15
Print Post

FTTC Sudbury, delayed yet another three months

[link to this post]

The suspense of waiting for FTTC to come to my house is killing me. We where meant get it around the end of March, then it was delayed by 3 months, and now it's been delayed by another 3 months until the end of September.
Our cabinet is already in place.

Edited by Timalay (Sat 07-Jul-12 16:16:52)

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Sat 07-Jul-12 18:01:10
Print Post

Re: FTTC Sudbury, delayed yet another three months

[re: Timalay] [link to this post]

The 3 month slots are holding dates only, they are not go live service dates.

Openreach works in 3 month slots for their year, any work not completed in the first 3 month slot moves into the second and so on.

Their are a few nearby exchanges in your area with a go live date of September on the Openreach where and when site, your cabinet is very likely one of the first to be installed, just a case of waiting till September and seeing if the exchange does go live along with your cabinet.

Only Openreach will know when orders will be able to be placed and that information is not shared with the public.

I would check the BT wholeslae asdl checker once the exchange has gone live, as it will tell you if your cabinet is live and taking orders.
The other way to know if a cabinet is live, is listen to the vents to hear the fan's moving.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Sat 07-Jul-12 18:06:49)

Standard User Timalay
(committed) Sat 07-Jul-12 20:40:29
Print Post

Re: FTTC Sudbury, delayed yet another three months

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
The other way to know if a cabinet is live, is listen to the vents to hear the fan's moving.

I have been every time I pass our one (I even listen to the other ones in town).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to