General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User HughA
(newbie) Tue 10-Jul-12 10:29:10
Print Post

Will I Ever Get FTTC?

[link to this post]

My exchange (Welwyn Garden City) is fibre enabled and new cabinets have appeared all around town but appear to have skipped mine. How can I find out if my cabinet will ever be upgraded? The BT checker just tells me it isn't available on my number but gives no indication if it ever will be.

I am in a conservation area but Openreach haven't even applied for planning permission for my cabinet. They have applied, and been granted permission, for cabinets in other conservation areas in town.

Any databases that I can access to check?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 10-Jul-12 10:31:32
Print Post

Re: Will I Ever Get FTTC?

[re: HughA] [link to this post]

http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre/checker.php if the cabinet is in a December 2011 or earlier phase.

The most recent requires a broadband provider to do the lookup

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User HughA
(newbie) Tue 10-Jul-12 11:22:54
Print Post

Re: Will I Ever Get FTTC?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for that.

It says FTTC, but not available yet. Probability 100%, and gives cabinet P50 which is just across the road from me. I guess if I am patient it will eventually arrive!

My alternative is Virgin Cable but they are a bit pricey for me and I don't really want to move from Plusnet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to