General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RussellR
(newbie) Mon 16-Jul-12 14:20:31
Print Post

FTTC in Hailsham, East Sussex

[link to this post]

I have just read a tweet from BT to say that 'Superfast Broadband has started to become available in HAILSHAM'.
This is good news as I have seen new cabinets around for some time. However, I am wondering what happens where there are no cabinets?
I live on a fairly new estate (built around 1975) where all the BT cabling is below ground. The cabinets are two or three streets away in the older part of town which also has overhead cabling and I have seen none on our estate nor any evidence of roadworks which might suggest extra space is being created for new equipment.
My postcode is BN27 1QW - any help or guidance on the likelihood of getting a faster connection will be much appreciated. I do get around 5Mb at present so I probably don't really need the speed boost, but I do like new technology smile
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Mon 16-Jul-12 16:12:54
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Hailsham, East Sussex

[re: RussellR] [link to this post]

You are on PCP 10 along with these post codes:-

BN271BY
BN271QN
BN271UY
BN271PA
BN271EU
BN271NN
BN271NB
BN271LY
BN271NP
BN271ND
BN271LL
BN271LR
BN273HQ
BN271UZ
BN271NJ
BN271NW
BN271LH
BN271NF
BN271LP
BN271NG
BN271NA
BN271QW
BN271LJ
BN271LQ
BN271LU
BN271LT
BN271NH
BN271NL
BN271LG
BN271LX
BN271LS
BN271LN

You are due to get FTTC according to the December spreadsheet.

Use the BT ADSL Checker (Google it) to find out the current status of your line.

Whether your lines are overhead or underground makes absolutely difference on FTTC.

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload ON THE LINE THAT SKY COULD ONLY PROVIDE 15,255 DOWN AND 800 UP ON!!!,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Mon 16-Jul-12 19:40:11
Print Post

Only cab 7 and 16 are live yet on Hailsham.

James

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Mon 16-Jul-12 20:02:59
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
Only cab 7 and 16 are live yet on Hailsham.

James

Which just goes to show that needing ten cabs to be ready for an exchange to go live just isn't true.

Edited by R0NSKI (Mon 16-Jul-12 20:03:17)

ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Mon 16-Jul-12 20:06:52
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Its never been 10 (officially), I've seen it as a single cab being live - exchange RFS

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RussellR
(newbie) Mon 16-Jul-12 21:00:53
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Many thanks, greenglide

I was worried that having no cabinets meant no fibre, but presumably all our underground cabling does end up in a cabinet somewhere, hopefully not too far distant!

The ADSL checker still does not mention FTTC, which ties in with James's post.

I can be patient for a bit longer - it may make a nice Christmas present.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 08-Oct-12 23:03:01
Print Post

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 5.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 4.5Mbps and 8Mbps.

"Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 12.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 8Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 12.5Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 76.9Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps"

Thi is North Hailsham BN27 3** area
Standard User RussellR
(newbie) Tue 09-Oct-12 14:59:27
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Thanks, Anonymous, but I'm not in BN27 3**.
BT at last check recently had put me back to 2013, though it may be slightly earlier in late 2012.

I think that Openreach must have run out of diesel for their digger, as they have cleared the ground around 'my' cabinet and taken away the spoil but done nothing else. I do think that they plan to return at some point though, as they have left part of their safety barrier resting against the cabinet. I'm just surprised that nobody has yet taken a fancy to it and walked off with it laugh
  Print Thread

Jump to