General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cdp234
(newbie) Tue 17-Jul-12 11:45:08
Print Post

Fibre Help pleaseeee

[link to this post]

I live in an estate of 3 houses off a main road which is served by Lea Valley exchange. Our house is quite a distance from the exchange so we only get 1.5MBS through copper at the moment. I know from a BT Open Reach engineer that Fibre optic is in our cabinet (cabinet 21) but BT will not offer Infiniti as because of the distance involved they cannot guarantee the 12MBS that is required under their SLA with Ofcom or whoever oversees the system.
The engineer said we would probably get 5/6 MBS which would be more than enough for us but BT cannot offer us a contract on this basis. My concern is that this can never be resolved as it is unlikely that we will ever be able to get fibre as we will always obviously be that distance from the exchange. Any ideas??
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Tue 17-Jul-12 11:51:07
Print Post

Re: Fibre Help pleaseeee

[re: cdp234] [link to this post]

What estimate does the BT wholesale checker give, as I recall FTTC is available down to 5Mbits but Infinity wont process slow speed estimates so may need to hunt around the smaller ISPs.
Standard User Bald_Eagle1
(committed) Tue 17-Jul-12 12:04:11
Print Post

What distance are you from the cabinet (not the exchange) as that is the relevant distance for FTTC connections?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Tue 17-Jul-12 12:49:29
Print Post

PM me your postcode and line number and I will check this out for you.

James

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Jul-12 12:57:01
Print Post

If it was BT you tried ordering from, did they offer your BT Total with fibre, which is what they offer to those who get slower speeds.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 17-Jul-12 13:27:56
Print Post

ADSL24 (Orders also taken for 5Mbps estimates and customers successfully connected.)
Aquiss (Orders also taken for 5Mbps estimates and customers successfully connected.)
BT (Infinity) (Also Broadband Option 3 with Fibre for when the estimate is below 15Mbps.)

Probably others as well now. One of the three has asked for details in PM, the second probably hasn't seen your post, the third has whoever you spoke to needing further training. (Option 3 with Fibre may have been renamed).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 17-Jul-12 14:09:12)

Standard User cdp234
(newbie) Tue 17-Jul-12 17:37:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks a lot have contacted ADSL 24
Standard User cdp234
(newbie) Tue 17-Jul-12 17:50:15
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

James, sent the postcode through to you, not sure if you got it.
Standard User cdp234
(newbie) Tue 17-Jul-12 17:52:00
Print Post

[re: Bald_Eagle1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bald_Eagle1:
What distance are you from the cabinet (not the exchange) as that is the relevant distance for FTTC connections?

Not sure, I know I'm on P21 on Lea valley exchange but can't find the address of the cabinet or see it anywhere near the house
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Tue 17-Jul-12 19:57:29
Print Post

Got the PM so looking at it now.

James

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to