General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User izools
(experienced) Wed 18-Jul-12 07:04:52
Print Post

FTTP

[link to this post]

I'm looking to buy a house and am currently living in Exeter.

I know a large proportion of the city has FTTC available but also some parts have FTTP available, especially some parts of Stoke Hill and Beacon Heath.

I was wondering if there's any way to find out specifically which houses are served by FTTP so that rather running every single property on the market through BT Wholesale's availability checker I can just see where FTTP is and where FTTC is? Is there a more recent spreadsheet available as the one I have is all wrong and well out of date.

TIA smile

BT Infinity #2 - 8.7MBps via P2P ¦ Full 80/20 Sync ¦
BT / Openreach - You've finally done well. Very well indeed.

Edited by izools (Wed 18-Jul-12 07:05:57)

ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Wed 18-Jul-12 08:09:18
Print Post

Re: FTTP

[re: izools] [link to this post]

We have this data but can't share it en-mass I'm afraid. We can tell you based on specific postcodes if you need advise on anything in particular however.

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User izools
(experienced) Wed 18-Jul-12 08:12:28
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
We have this data but can't share it en-mass I'm afraid. We can tell you based on specific postcodes if you need advise on anything in particular however.

Which the BT Wholesale checker also does...

...What I really want to know is if anywhere in Exeter besides Stoke Hill and Beacon Heath actually have some FTTP ready to go?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Wed 18-Jul-12 08:31:59
Print Post

We don't get FTTP dates I'm afraid, only FTTC dates, so whilst we know which FTTC cabs are live, these are areas that are not getting FTTP. We also know which cabs are getting FTTP but don't know which of these are yet live.

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 20-Sep-12 09:21:11
Print Post

I live in Exwick. I spoke to an Openreach engineer who was busy pushing cables into my close. He said FTTP in my area should be live "within 2 - 3 months".
Standard User izools
(experienced) Fri 21-Sep-12 14:13:43
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I've just moved to Exwick and am on Cab 135 which is supposed to be FTTP. Lol, yeah, and was supposed to be FTTP in Phase 5A. Yet it isn't available frown

I don't suppose you're also on Cab 135? You can check here - http://fttc-check.alc.im./

So you've seen Openreach around here then? Must've been before I moved.

Also, what are ADSL speeds like round here? Due to go live with BE Unlimited on Monday.

Edited by izools (Fri 21-Sep-12 14:15:47)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 21-Sep-12 15:13:34
Print Post

Yep I'm on Cab 135 as well. I do a lot of work from home so often see Openreach vans buzzing around outside during the day, sometimes I see them working on cab 135 itself. The engineer I spoke to a couple of days ago said they're just finishing off the infrastructure, but seemed confident it'd be operational within "2-3 months".

All a bit annoying when a few hundred metres down the road everyone has access to FTTC.

My main worry is that I know the ducting from my nearest BT manifold to my house is blocked due to a garage conversion so they can't just blow the fibre through which will no doubt mean more delays for me anyway.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 21-Sep-12 15:14:40
Print Post

Forgot to add that I'm currently with BE (o2) and I get about 3.5 Mbps
Standard User izools
(experienced) Fri 21-Sep-12 17:20:11
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Yep I'm on Cab 135 as well. I do a lot of work from home so often see Openreach vans buzzing around outside during the day, sometimes I see them working on cab 135 itself. The engineer I spoke to a couple of days ago said they're just finishing off the infrastructure, but seemed confident it'd be operational within "2-3 months".

All a bit annoying when a few hundred metres down the road everyone has access to FTTC.

My main worry is that I know the ducting from my nearest BT manifold to my house is blocked due to a garage conversion so they can't just blow the fibre through which will no doubt mean more delays for me anyway.

Yeah, tell me about it, that poster on the cab by Liffey Rise taunting me on my way home every day "Fibre broadband is available here!"... Yeah, no.

3.5 Meg you say? Well. That is something to look forward to when my BE connection goes live on Monday... slower than the portable hotspot I'm using through my phone's 3G at the moment then!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2182553213.png

Well, 2-3 months, sounds promising. Thankfully there's nothing between the cab and my house that should cause any problems as far as I can see - pretty close to it tbh. Sounds like we'll potentially be in for a nice Christmas present. I'll keep my fingers crossed for us! smile

Edited by izools (Fri 21-Sep-12 17:23:27)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 09-Oct-12 08:07:15
Print Post

Two OR vans parked on Cornflower Hill most of yesterday, and even an OR workman's tent over a manhole at near Cab 135. They were sat down doing delicate work on what looked a bit like a large upright silver tray - if anyone knows what that means?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to