General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 21-Jul-12 11:56:15
Print Post

FTTC NE6 5

[link to this post]

Just wondering about this one. My exchange is one of many set to Sept-2012 as an enabled date. Up until now the BT checked showed nothing about it.

Having check it today (https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html) it now states the following:

...Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 80 Mbps and upstream line speed of 20 Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

Furthermore your exchange is due to be enabled for multicast services on fibre lines by 30th September 2012, please contact your provider for further details....

Using the December 2011 sheet my post code shows a 96% prob. I'm on a cab not part of the rollout and a 4& prob I'm on a cab with only a 1.48 uplift. I was hoping someone has access to a newer sheet to check seeing as the BT checker is saying otherwise.

My postcode is NE6 3PB. When OR installed my line the engineer went to the cab with a 61 or 67 on it - I forget - and said my line is connected there, if that helps.

I appreciate the help smile

*S*
Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Sat 21-Jul-12 12:07:06
Print Post

Re: FTTC NE6 5

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Nothing to worry about if the wholesale checker is reporting future FTTC availability.
  Print Thread

Jump to