General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-12 17:21:47
Print Post

How to sell FTTC to the other 1/2

[link to this post]

Well Stafford was enabled in April/May 2012 but my estate was missed. Looks like we are now being done. The cab is in place and the BT engineers have been busy at the cabs for the last 2-3 weeks. They were there again today.

I just need to persuade my other 1/2 that we NEED to have FTTC in the home. What did you tell her. What can I use to entice her to agree to this new service spending about another £20 per month.

IanD
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Aug-12 19:37:57
Print Post

Re: How to sell FTTC to the other 1/2

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Grow a pair, perhaps smile?

Sky fibre works at about £30/month inc. line rental and if you do it through quidco you get another £80 cashback, so effectively £20/monthish for the first 12 months.

If you're getting broadband + line rental for free then you're doing a better job than most.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Aug-12 20:16:16
Print Post

Get a job with my lot, free VDSL. wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dizzibits
(learned) Fri 03-Aug-12 20:23:51
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Tell her you need more pr0n.

No?

BT Infinity 2 | Asus RT-N56U
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Aug-12 20:39:04
Print Post

Do you really need Fibre? if you do then it should not be difficult to sell it to your other half.

Just tell her that you can watch Hd videos,, stream music and do other stuff at the same time.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALL PAY Wireless broadband
Standard User biffo1963
(newbie) Fri 03-Aug-12 22:24:58
Print Post

I told my other half what I was doing and why, and then I got on with it. Are you telling me there are people that don't do this ? I pay the phone and Internet bills so I make those decisions.......

JHB
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Fri 03-Aug-12 23:12:22
Print Post

[re: biffo1963] [link to this post]

I'm basically the same as above, she knows we're getting it, don't think she knows whether it cost extra or not, but I pay the majority of the household bills and the broadband & phone comes direct from my account not the joint account anyway.

Not sure where you get £20, only going to cost me £10 a month extra with Plus Net.

If you need to convince her then look at what your paying now and see if going with a different ISP could cut the increase or even save money, and as someone else said don't forget cash back sites. I use them to save money quite a lot.

If you smoke or drink heavy, give up it will more than save the cost of fibre smile

Standard User simon194
(member) Sat 04-Aug-12 00:25:29
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
Not sure where you get £20, only going to cost me £10 a month extra with Plus Net.

Also if you already have BT Unlimited broadband it costs nothing extra a month to have Infinity 2.
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Sat 04-Aug-12 09:10:24
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:

Actually make that £6.50 a month extra, cabinet just went live, and as fibre involves a new 18 month contract, I thought I might as well pay for the the line rental yearly now, saving £3.50 a month smile

Standard User MHC
(legend) Sat 04-Aug-12 14:36:08
Print Post

Tell her that she can watch Eastenders, Emmerdale, Coronation St, Big Brother, Kyle, &c &c when she wants!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to