General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-12 19:11:56
Print Post

whats the local compitition

[link to this post]

Does anyone have a list of the sizes of FTTC capacities / pictures . I live on an estate with 400 homes and want to know how many FTTC connections the cabnet can support.

IanD
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Aug-12 20:17:42
Print Post

Re: whats the local compitition

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Some 100 (yes I know it's couple less) and some do 200. If when capacity is hit, and demand seems likely, another cabinet may be added.

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Sat 04-Aug-12 01:46:43
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

2 sizes of cabinet are installed 128 or 288 connections, usually the smaller 128 cab is installed and then the larger 288 cabinet if their is sufficent demand.

So if both do get installed then you have capacity for 416 lines and its very unlikely that everyone will take a fibre service, a certain % will stay on asdl based services.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(committed) Sat 04-Aug-12 09:47:57
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

ECI = 256 ports maximum
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Sat 04-Aug-12 20:34:36
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Does any area actually have a bigger ECI cab yet though? All areas I know of that are ECI cabs are all the smaller, 96 port cab. I have yet to see any full size ECI's.

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User simon194
(member) Sun 05-Aug-12 01:00:09
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
Does any area actually have a bigger ECI cab yet though? All areas I know of that are ECI cabs are all the smaller, 96 port cab. I have yet to see any full size ECI's.

I've seen bigger ECI cabs mentioned on planning applications as:

"Cabinet Ref: DSLAM (ECI M41 256 Line Cab)
1130x400x1408 High"

The smaller ECI cabs are 128 line cabs. BT seem to be fitting more ECI's thatn Huawei's these days because the M41 MSAN is apparently cheaper than the MA5616 and can have up to 256 ports.
(isp) Sun 05-Aug-12 10:14:11
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

I thought the smaller ECI cabs are 96 ports, and the Huawei 128?

Yeah, BT tend to go with ECI's for most new deployments now. But i've still yet to see any big ECI cab. Has anyone seen one yet, and have you got a picture?

James

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User simon194
(member) Sun 05-Aug-12 17:03:48
Print Post

Yeah, BT tend to go with ECI's for most new deployments now. But i've still yet to see any big ECI cab. Has anyone seen one yet, and have you got a picture?

The small Huawei's are 96 (I've seen them on planning applications as a Huawei MA5616T 96 line cab) and the big ones are 192.

If there is anyone near Cowbit Road, Spalding, PCP010 opposite Balmoral Avenue had a planning application in that included an ECI 256 line cabinet submitted in April and should have been installed because there are speed estimates available.

Edit: The early ECI MSAN's were 96 ports but the current ones using the latest VDSL2 cards support up to 256 ports.

Edited by simon194 (Sun 05-Aug-12 17:12:43)

(isp) Sun 05-Aug-12 18:17:48
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Err, the big Huawei's are 288 port I am sure

James

Standard User Zackary
(newbie) Sun 05-Aug-12 19:03:50
Print Post

I don't have a photo yet but this drawing looks the same as all my local cabs, which the site says has 128 lines.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to