General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rwinstock
(newbie) Wed 08-Aug-12 08:26:29
Print Post

FTTC Cabinet Info

[link to this post]

Morning All,

I've recently moved from a nice FTTC covered area to North Bedford, specifically Woodlands Park, a new build estate which appears to have no FTTC coverage (ATM). The estate *next* to us (Brickhill) seems fully equipped...and I was wondering if any kind soul here might have any info regarding plans to roll-out FTTC to the MK41 7FD postcode?

Many thanks!

Richard

Edited by rwinstock (Wed 08-Aug-12 08:36:25)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 08-Aug-12 12:47:00
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cabinet Info

[re: rwinstock] [link to this post]

Suggest you type your post code in this checker:

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
Standard User rwinstock
(newbie) Wed 08-Aug-12 12:52:09
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hi,

I did try that before posting, but all it says is that I am connected to the Bedford Exchange which is accepting orders....except of course it isn't for my area of Bedford frown.

Richard

Edited by rwinstock (Wed 08-Aug-12 12:56:09)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Wed 08-Aug-12 13:22:04
Print Post

All it states in the December 2011 spreadsheet is that 46% of lines for your post code are on cabinet P125, no mention of the other 54% and no FTTC.

There are later spreadsheets but only ISP's have access to them, if one of them sees your thread they may look it up.

Standard User rwinstock
(newbie) Wed 08-Aug-12 13:23:05
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Cheers Ronski, much appreciated. smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 24-Aug-12 20:30:55
Print Post

Did you get any more information on this? I was just about to pull the trigger and buy a house in Woodlands Park (MK41 7FL) but the 1Mbps currently available is a complete show stopper; it's not the 1990's!

I currently live in the middle of Bedford and have 10Mbps cable and if I'm honest, thats too slow.

Have you tried 3G (you can see the mast), I'm guessing its still only about 1Mbps and very expensive.

I can't believe that in 2012 people build houses which only have 1Mbps ADSL!
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Fri 24-Aug-12 21:21:25
Print Post

Only record in the December 2011 spreadsheet is P125 28% of lines for post code MK41 7FL, no FTTC scheduled then and no mention of the other 72% of lines.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 24-Aug-12 22:36:27
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Is there some way to check an individual house? I seem to remember you used to be able to call a number from the line to get an answer with absolutely certainty.
Standard User rwinstock
(newbie) Sat 01-Sep-12 23:47:25
Print Post

Evening,

I did some more work on this...writing a few emails to some high-up names in BT. I have to say I was very impressed, getting a personal answer from the Chief Executive in < 10 mins! He assigned someone from his "team" to look into why we'd been missed, and is hopefully going to get us put on back on the plan.

I'll update you if I get more details....

Richard
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 04-Sep-12 15:57:58
Print Post

Hi Richard,

I have also just moved in to woodlands park and I would be very interested to hear about any further progress regarding the installation of fibre optic cable.

My family and I totally understand the dire need for this so please let me know via this forum if there is anything I can do to help.

Pete
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to