General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iand
(experienced) Wed 08-Aug-12 20:56:58
Print Post

I have to ask

[link to this post]

Who has a family FTTP connection from any provider. What is the cost per month and what are you doing with this download/upload capacity.

IanD
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-Aug-12 23:28:20
Print Post

Re: I have to ask

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
Who has a family FTTP connection from any provider. What is the cost per month and what are you doing with this download/upload capacity.

I think only BT and PlusNet are serving FTTP in the selected areas that have FTTP. Its a very small number of places. If you want to find someone with crazily high speeds, ask the guy with the 1Gig HyperOptic connection :-/

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab installed 18-jun-2012 - not yet active - est 44.6 / 6.5
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 10-Aug-12 21:57:50
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

ok, I will wait until I have a FTTC enabled cab in a few weeks and then ask some providers about the cost of FTTP.

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 10-Aug-12 22:01:15
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

"Fibre on Demand", i.e. full fibre to premises that have FTTC available, will not be on the market till some time next year, and suggested/guesstimated installation costs vary from a few hundred pounds to well over a thousand.

Openreach have merely said it is planned.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 10-Aug-12 22:02:12)

Print Thread

Jump to