General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iLikeRainbows
(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 04:46:04
Print Post

EMWESSW FTTC

[link to this post]

Heya Everyone,

I'm looking for some information about FTTC, At the end of the year my exchange (EMWESSW - http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EMWESSW) Is due to be activated for FTTC.

I live in Blaby, and I'm around 1.49km straight line distance from the exchange. My cabinet is literally around 40 steps or so away from my front door.

Right now I achieve around 5 to 6Mbit from BE.

What is the likely hood of FTTC being available in my cabinet?

and just looking at the speed guide, I assume with being well under 100 Metres from the cabinet I should be able to achieve 100Mbit with allowing providers.

Trust is a Weakness.

Edited by iLikeRainbows (Sun 12-Aug-12 04:50:00)

Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Sun 12-Aug-12 07:47:58
Print Post

Re: EMWESSW FTTC

[re: iLikeRainbows] [link to this post]

You need to post your postcode, then someone can look it up or alternatively you can look it up here http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre/checker.php

That website uses December 2011 data so things may have changed since then, also the cabinet just down the road may not be the one your connected to. Hopefully the above website will give you a cabinet number then you can see if it matches the one down the road. At the moment the fastest you can get on FTTC is 80mb connection profile.

(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 07:55:23
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Ah!

Thank you, I've just done a search for my post code but it isn't listed. However what's interesting is that the date for the exchange was originally Spring 2013, But has changed to the end of the 2012, Since I check it now and then.

Hopefully the 2012 April List will be made public soon and thus I can check again.

My postcode is LE8 4EN

Thanks.

Trust is a Weakness.

Edited by iLikeRainbows (Sun 12-Aug-12 08:08:24)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User millar_keith
(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 10:12:30
Print Post

Could you explian to me what this means -

Results for Postcode FY5

Postcode

Exchange

Service Type

Probability

Speed Increase

Phase

Cabinet

FY5

CLEVELEYS

FTTC

86%

8b (PF to Q1)

P23

FY5

CLEVELEYS

FTTC

13%

8b (PF to Q1)

P24

We have also checked the latest Openreach data, which tells us the following:

Exchange

Name

FTTC or FTTP

Explanation

LCCLV

CLEVELEYS

FTTC available

Current forecast date is Sep-12
Check back closer to the date, when more information on availability in the exchange area will be available.
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Sun 12-Aug-12 11:00:09
Print Post

[re: millar_keith] [link to this post]

It means that for your postcode 86% of lines are supplied from cabinet P23, the remaining 13% (1% is rounding error) lines are supplied by cabinet P24.

Both are scheduled for FTTC in phase 8b - sometime around now.

I have no idea what the PF to Q1 means though.

I looked on Roadworks.org for your postcode (yes I worked it out) and there's nothing, you may found that your local or county council has a website where they post scheduled road works permits, from this you should be able to see if they are installing cabinets.

ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Sun 12-Aug-12 11:11:04
Print Post

100% of properties on LE8 4EN is connected to cabinet 13 and this cab is planned to get FTTC in Phase 9b (the end of the year or early 2013) - so just a case of waiting for it to come round smile

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User millar_keith
(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 11:50:07
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
It means that for your postcode 86% of lines are supplied from cabinet P23, the remaining 13% (1% is rounding error) lines are supplied by cabinet P24.

Both are scheduled for FTTC in phase 8b - sometime around now.

I have no idea what the PF to Q1 means though.

I looked on Roadworks.org for your postcode (yes I worked it out) and there's nothing, you may found that your local or county council has a website where they post scheduled road works permits, from this you should be able to see if they are installing cabinets.

Cheers - thanks for the info - gives me a little more understanding on whats going on in my area
(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 11:50:30
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
100% of properties on LE8 4EN is connected to cabinet 13 and this cab is planned to get FTTC in Phase 9b (the end of the year or early 2013) - so just a case of waiting for it to come round smile

That's brilliant news! That has actually made my day!

I was just beginning to think that knowing my luck our exchange would be enabled, but our street cab wouldn't be!

Cheers!

Trust is a Weakness.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 24-Aug-12 20:35:03
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Is there any way I could get information for LE8 5TL - it's on the same exchange due Dec 2012 - EMWESSW

I've tried several places, and direct to OpenReach with no success.

Thanks
Standard User mug2k1
(newbie) Fri 14-Jun-13 16:02:19
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

The new date is 30th June 2013 so it's getting close but I fear it'll just be delayed again..........sigh
  Print Thread

Jump to