General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Aug-12 12:36:46
Print Post

I'm Cursed

[link to this post]

So after a move from an area whose FTTC cabinet was over a year late I'm now in another area where the FTTC is over a year late.

Shouldn't phase 5a have been over a while ago? This is not in a conservation area, so zero planning permission related issues.

Anyone else have a phase 5a cabinet that's sitting in the Openreach 'to do' queue for ages?
Standard User iand
(experienced) Mon 13-Aug-12 19:29:45
Print Post

Re: I'm Cursed

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

out of the frying pan into another frying pan.

What have people said

always ask the neighbors about the broadband

IanD
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 13-Aug-12 19:46:43
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In this country the neighbours are probably a better source. tongue

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Aug-12 19:59:24
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Anyone else have a phase 5a cabinet that's sitting in the Openreach 'to do' queue for ages?

Welcome to the club. My cabinet is Phase 5b and the physical cabinet arrived on the ground at the start of June. Was originally supposed to go live (along with the rest of the cabs on my estate) in March 2011. So that was over a year late. AND its still not active :-/

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab installed 18-jun-2012 - not yet active - est 44.6 / 6.5
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Aug-12 22:45:24
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

What I have is adequate, though not amazing, and there were far bigger considerations, such as getting a house for the first time in 7 years smile
Standard User DougM
(member) Wed 15-Aug-12 22:58:50
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

The 5b cabinet serving my line was installed in June 2011 and is still awaiting power. Southern Electric is negotiating a wayleave to run power across a couple metres of private land.

I can't really complain because had BT realised, they'd likely have not installed the cabinet and I'd be stuck on 1.6Mbps indefinitely.

-==-
DougM
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Aug-12 23:20:12
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DougM:
The 5b cabinet serving my line was installed in June 2011 and is still awaiting power. Southern Electric is negotiating a wayleave to run power across a couple metres of private land.

I can't really complain because had BT realised, they'd likely have not installed the cabinet and I'd be stuck on 1.6Mbps indefinitely.

Yikes!

I'm pretty sure mine won't have that problem as the footpath the cab sits on is council owned and there are street lights in both directions all on council owned tarmac footpath. The same street (other end) has a working smaller cab for over 12months.

I'm glad yours is going to be done eventually; wayleaves are a nightmare !

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab installed 18-jun-2012 - not yet active - est 44.6 / 6.5
  Print Thread

Jump to