General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User awbancroft
(newbie) Mon 13-Aug-12 14:10:27
Print Post

FTTC Rochdale

[link to this post]

Hello,
FTTC appears to be enabled in Rochdale, but still cannot get it at our cabinet (almost 2 months later). Would it be possible for anyone to tell me what cabinet I am on and when it will get FTTC? Getting very bored of 2.5 meg from Sky. Postcode: OL11 3NU.
Andy.
ISP Representative RichieatZen
(isp) Mon 13-Aug-12 15:34:27
Print Post

Re: FTTC Rochdale

[re: awbancroft] [link to this post]

hi andy

you can use our availability checker (http://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/broadband/home-office-broadband/speed-checker.aspx) to find out what speeds your line is capable of.

hope this helps

richie
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Mon 13-Aug-12 15:56:42
Print Post

Checking your post code at www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre/checker.php shows your on cabinet P119, and it's scheduled for FTTC.

If you can find your cabinet you can check to see if it's fibre cabinet has been installed. It may be something is holding it up, either installing the cabinet or power/fibre.

Or you could have a database error where it shows it unavailable to you but others on the same cabinet can get, so it would be worth checking a few other addresses or phone numbers from around your way - you can check postcodes are on the same cabinet via the checker above.

Use https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html to check for availability, use a house number and post code if using the address checker. Only use postcodes that are 100% or it may be served by another cabinet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User awbancroft
(newbie) Mon 13-Aug-12 16:31:12
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RichieatZen:
you can use our availability checker (http://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/broadband/home-office-broadband/speed-checker.aspx) to find out what speeds your line is capable of.

Saying that my phone number and postcode are not recognised.

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
Checking your post code at www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre/checker.php shows your on cabinet P119, and it's scheduled for FTTC.

Any idea how I would find out where this cabinet is, there are a few around nearby. Any idea when the cabinet will get FTTC?

Use https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html to check for availability, use a house number and post code if using the address checker.

Not indicating FTTC available yet. However it is saying I should typically get 4mbps, why am I not getting this, or is this the wrong part of the forum to ask?

Thanks for your help.
Andy.
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Mon 13-Aug-12 20:01:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by awbancroft:
Any idea how I would find out where this cabinet is, there are a few around nearby. Any idea when the cabinet will get FTTC?

This http://goo.gl/maps/1VRR8 could be your cabinet hidden behind the bushes - see if there is a number on it. I've checked a few addresses on your cabinet and none are showing FTTC as available so I guess for whatever reason the cabinet is not ready yet.

Not indicating FTTC available yet. However it is saying I should typically get 4mbps, why am I not getting this, or is this the wrong part of the forum to ask?

Could be any number of reasons, are you on ADSL 2+ and not an older version, could be the wiring in your house - have you tried plugging the modem directly into the test socket on the master socket ( http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/media/v1/gallerypage/use... ) and seeing what you get.

Start a new thread in the General Broadband section, you may well be able to get a bit extra speed.

Standard User Wurzel
(regular) Mon 13-Aug-12 20:45:32
Print Post

Still waiting in rochdale as well, OL16. Wish they'd get a flamin move on cabinet has been sat there for ages with periodic vists from the engineers just to raise my hopes frown

I console myself by knowing it will get here......eventually.

Edited by Wurzel (Mon 13-Aug-12 20:46:19)

ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Mon 13-Aug-12 21:48:02
Print Post

[re: Wurzel] [link to this post]

There are over a hundred cabs in rochdale and only a few are yet live, so patience will get you FTTC smile

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User iWc
(newbie) Fri 21-Sep-12 16:08:39
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Checking your post code at www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre/checker.php

YOOOOOO!!

Why have i not seen this checker before!?

It just gave me some information that i might never of seen otherwise......
ISP Representative SkyFire
(isp) Thu 15-Nov-12 16:44:01
Print Post

I live not all that far away - just off Manchester road, and when I emailed BT openreach they said the cabinet I'm on isn't commercially viable - so they have no plans to enable it. I'm on cabinet 144. Cabinet 25 (which is the nearest one to me) is enabled already. Cabinet 144 is over the road (same side as your postcode) from cabinet 25; about 10-15 metres away from it.

Cabinet 24 serves the opposite side of Manchester road to your postcode and is enabled, so I wonder if there might be power issues for cabinets on the side of the road my can and you are on?

I suspect we're not likely to get FTTC anytime soon based on this, sadly frown

ta,
Phil.

--
Phil Long
ZeN Performance and Process Improvement Manager

Please note, I will not respond to unsolicited private messages.
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Thu 15-Nov-12 18:46:53
Print Post

[re: SkyFire] [link to this post]

Power in urban areas is highly unlikely to be an issue.unless a conservation area of if they need to close a busy road.
  Print Thread

Jump to