General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 13-Aug-12 19:23:57
Print Post

When bt infinity will be in our area?

[link to this post]

I am trying to find out which BT Cabinet my line is connected to.

I am on the Sittingbourne Exchange which has been FTTC Enabled.

My post code is ME10 5JG.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 13-Aug-12 19:30:36
Print Post

Re: When bt infinity will be in our area?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Cabinet 76.

According to the Dec 2011 data that is in phase 9a, which I expect means starting work soon. Phases 4a and 6a were earlier ones, which is why it says the exchange is enabled.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User iand
(experienced) Mon 13-Aug-12 19:35:21
Print Post

Looks like you will be live at end sep 2012 latest and can possible order the service now. Well thats how I read it. I am in the same state, looking to order at the end of aug..

----
{from bt wholesale checker}
For Postcode ME10 5JG

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 64 Mbps and upstream line speed of 20 Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

Furthermore your exchange is due to be enabled for multicast services on fibre lines by 30th September 2012, please contact your provider for further details.

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 13-Aug-12 20:27:10
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

thanks for the help.
Standard User arg0naut
(newbie) Mon 13-Aug-12 22:00:44
Print Post

Just to note, although planned it may never happen. Cab 76 doesn't seem to have a nice area next to it for an FTTC Cab(No planning problems just no site location).
I have been chasing this for five years now and already gone down the Ian Livingstone route, as to why we haven't got it when all other areas have, and to be honest they didn't have an answer. Anyway they went to OpenReach and they came back with an ETA of December2012 assuming they have enough take up. IE people asking for the service by registering on the infinity site?! I will soon be flyering the 500 homes attached to it asking people to register as I and my neighbours are struggling on 1mb.
As the Cab isn't currently in on Sonora I would wait and see but dont hold your breath!

The September is just a place holder like it was in June
Please someone prove me wrong...

Jason
Standard User simon194
(member) Tue 14-Aug-12 00:46:18
Print Post

[re: arg0naut] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by arg0naut:
Just to note, although planned it may never happen. Cab 76 doesn't seem to have a nice area next to it for an FTTC Cab(No planning problems just no site location).

The fibre cab doesn't necessarily have to go next to the PCP. There's one not too far from me where the PCP is right on the edge of a main road and the fibre cab is about 60 metres down a side road.
Standard User arg0naut
(newbie) Tue 14-Aug-12 09:54:17
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:

The fibre cab doesn't necessarily have to go next to the PCP. There's one not too far from me where the PCP is right on the edge of a main road and the fibre cab is about 60 metres down a side road.

Fair Point. there is an Electrical Sub 50mtrs away and it could go near that but...
Lap of the Gods really. I am a bit bored with BT now after campaigning for five years and they can't really tell you anything. It seems down in Kent a lot of the 9A-9B seems to be mop up if they can or want to do it, and thus slippage is still an option if they have more Important areas to deal with.

Anyway like I said I would love to be proved wrong by Xmas and have around 20Mb connection. What annoys me is I have Cab 54FTTC that has been in Two years less then 40mtrs away from me... Arrrgggghhh! smile
(3hrs to download a movie for SkyAnytime+ yesterday, so we didn't see and will watch it tonight)
Standard User dave2150
(experienced) Wed 15-Aug-12 06:12:09
Print Post

I have been chasing this for five years now and already gone down the Ian Livingstone route, as to why we haven't got it when all other areas have, and to be honest they didn't have an answer. Anyway they went to OpenReach and they came back with an ETA of December2012 assuming they have enough take up. IE people asking for the service by registering on the infinity site?! I will soon be flyering the 500 homes attached to it asking people to register as I and my neighbours are struggling on 1mb.
As the Cab isn't currently in on Sonora I would wait and see but dont hold your breath!

The September is just a place holder like it was in June
Please someone prove me wrong...

Jason

FTTC has not been out for 5 years, hoping this was a type and you meant months, or do you really believe fttc has been out for 5 years!

============
Sky ADSL
============
Standard User arg0naut
(newbie) Wed 15-Aug-12 10:14:01
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

FTTC has not been out for 5 years, hoping this was a type and you meant months, or do you really believe fttc has been out for 5 years!

No mate seriously 5 years, I had the heads up from the people in the know, originally and it was all about campainging to make them aware of our town and our needs. To be part of the Initial trials etc.,
I understand that not everyone can get on them and carried on campainging when it went thru its various stages of evolution.
3.5 years ago there was a glimmer of light of rollout plans that Incorporated the town.
2.5 years ago a cabinet turned up about 40/50mtrs from me. I thought Weyhey, but alas it wasn't for me as I am on one which is 250mtrs away.
2 years ago that went live. frown Since then I have spoken to BT to ascertain a rough date for our cabinet since 95% of the town and the surrounding area have gone live.
By the way this isn't just for me, I have been campainging for the 500 people off of our cabinet, friends, neighbours etc.,
I know all the politics around the rollout and competition and the sheer size of it etc.,
Its the fact that if they gave you a date and then it had slippage of upto a year then it was Installed that would be OK. But when they keep moving dates and you have been told by the sales people on BT that It'll be coming soon and you just have to keep checking the checker until it becomes available. but an estimate is less than 6months(3.5 yrs ago). Its the non and disInformation that is passed over because the sales team don't know anything.

I like to goto a shop and make a decision and buy something. If I have to wait a year for the latest thing such as a new games console then in a years time it becomes available I buy it.

I think what I'm trying to say is expectation and being reasonable.

Like I said according to BT if they dont get enough people sign up they may not roll out the cab. I sent a signed list of about 300 people several years ago in regards to this.But thats not their online form!

I asked why the other cab near me was Installed, and was told it was down to the amount of people that had gone online and signed up, which I found astounding because 90% of that part of the estate was a building site at the time, being new builds.

SORRY: Amendment its actually been just over 4.5 years so not quite five yet.

Anyway ramble over,
Thanks for listening.
Jason

Edited by arg0naut (Wed 15-Aug-12 10:21:59)

Standard User nickand
(learned) Mon 20-Aug-12 09:40:20
Print Post

Hey Jason,

Looks like cab 76 is getting enabled soon accoring to roadworks.org smile

Sonora Way, Sittingbourne, Kent
Works Start: 20 Aug
End: 24 Aug

Low impact, delays unlikely
Description: Install 1m of 2 poly ducts in Verge,Install 4m of 2 poly ducts in Footway,Pro... More
Current status: Planned work about to start
Permit status : Granted
Traffic lights, etc: None/signing only
Queries should be addressed to BT quoting reference BC005WP00100500082805400
Work info last modified 14:33 on 16/08/2012
Last updated on roadworks.org 09:13 on 20/08/2012
Data source Kent County Council
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to