General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Tue 14-Aug-12 10:48:09
Print Post

PlusNet launch new 80/20 packages and upgrade existing users

[link to this post]

Well it's finanally happened, Plus Net have launched their new packages with 250GB data usage and unlimeted between Midnight to 8am (as before)

Existing 40/2 connection will be upgraded to 40/10 profiles, with new packages covering the 80/20 profiles.

See here for full details http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1069...

I'm one happy bunny for sure, mine should be connected Monday smile

Edited by R0NSKI (Tue 14-Aug-12 13:15:09)

ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Tue 14-Aug-12 11:08:03
Print Post

Re: PlusNet launch new 80/20 packages and upgrade existing u

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Glad you appreciate the changes.

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
... and some packages upgraded to 80/20 profiles.

That's not quite correct though.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Tue 14-Aug-12 13:17:16
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

Yep, appreciate the changes, as will a lot of other people smile

Updated my post, hopefully correct now.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Wurzel
(regular) Tue 14-Aug-12 18:29:24
Print Post

Just moved to PlusNet in anticipation of fibre and am very pleased to see this rolled out. just need that big green cabinet at the end of the road to start 'humming' now. Come on!!!! I want fibre dammit!
Standard User Bald_Eagle1
(committed) Tue 14-Aug-12 20:31:07
Print Post

Some of you are already aware that my Plusnet FTTC connection had experienced a number of physical problems that were finally "fixed" after 11 months & many engineer visits.

Quite a while ago I was switched from 40/2 to 40/10 as an experiment.
I also trialled the 80/20 service.

Since my connection's stability has been restored, I have also experimented with switching back to 40/2 & back to 40/10 again (the service I am currently using).

My connection cannot achieve 40 Mb at the best of times.
35Mb sync speed is the best it has ever achieved.

So, being unable to even max out a 40Mb connection, I do see fluctuating sync speeds depending upon conditions at the time my connection resyncs.

The experiments mentioned above have also demonstrated that an increase in upstream speed from 2Mb to "up to" 10Mb has the negative effect of reducing my downstream sync speed.

Typically, my connection now achieves around 28Mb or so DS sync speed & 4.5Mb US sync speed.

On the 40/2 package (after all the external faults were fixed) it typically achieved 32Mb to 33Mb DS sync speed & 2Mb US sync speed.

I would be interested to hear if any other sub-40Mb users see similar deteriorated DS sync speeds after a couple of weeks of being switched to the 40/10 service.

FWIW, my DS attainable rate is still showing 32Mb to 33Mb, with Interleaving at a depth of 437 DS & 1 US.

I have also noticed a steep increase in US attenuation in the highest frequency band & wonder if this is having some overall effect on my connection even though I have never been able to utilise any the highest frequency DS or US bands.
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Tue 14-Aug-12 22:11:14
Print Post

[re: Wurzel] [link to this post]

My ECI cab has like no hum but is on.

Sky Fibre Unlimited
40/10

"A Half Speed Customer"
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Wurzel
(regular) Wed 15-Aug-12 19:49:26
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Funnily enough i went past it for the first time in a week or so with the dog earlier and put my ear to the grills... bingo, the sweet noise of fans whirring away. Now that means it has power and according to the Openreach guy everything else is ready to go. So i guess I really am just awaiting this fabled 'commissioning' that the BTO engineer mentioned.

No rush....

Edit: Anyone know what is involved when a cabinet is commissioned? just an engineer running some tests, flicking some switch and configuring exchange side?

Edited by Wurzel (Wed 15-Aug-12 19:50:44)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 15-Aug-12 20:20:24
Print Post

[re: Bald_Eagle1] [link to this post]

I've noticed that on the 80/20 trial with figures like "56045/13850", (so the same effect as you on 40/10), a resync will usually see the two move in opposite directions by a small amount.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Print Thread

Jump to