General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alprimmer
(newbie) Mon 20-Aug-12 17:54:01
Print Post

clacton on sea exchange fibre

[link to this post]

the exchange was enabled a month or so ago anyone got any idea when im liable to order it my postcodes co15 3rb

thanks in advance for the help
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 20-Aug-12 18:01:20
Print Post

Re: clacton on sea exchange fibre

[re: alprimmer] [link to this post]

Shouldn't be long I wouldn't think. Phase 8a. Find cabinet 43 and look for a new cabinet near to it, or pavement markings for one perhaps.

What does this checker have to say for your phone number?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 20-Aug-12 18:01:54)

Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Mon 20-Aug-12 18:03:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Presume you mean 8a wink

The wholesale checker shows nothing relating to FTTC for his address range.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 20-Aug-12 18:08:07
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
Presume you mean 8a wink
Indeed smile - Edited by RobertoS (Mon 20-Aug-12 18:01:54). There was a queue in front of the "a".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User alprimmer
(newbie) Mon 20-Aug-12 18:14:42
Print Post

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 4Mbps and 6Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 7.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 8.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 7.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 8.5Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

nothing about fibre at all frown there is a box in the next road that bt have worked on but as yet no noise from it
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Mon 20-Aug-12 18:19:21
Print Post

I think this may be his cabinet http://goo.gl/maps/Wddd5

Have a look and see if it has a 43 on it, and if it's FTTC twin is installed near by.

You can also look on Roadworks.org as it covers your area and see what roadworks BT has scheduled.

They seem to be installing cabinets in Southcliff Park at the moment, so work in your area is still in progress, and it can take months from when your cabinet appears. Mine appeared in February and I've just been connected this afternoon smile

Standard User alprimmer
(newbie) Mon 20-Aug-12 18:24:21
Print Post

yes on opposite side of kingwell ave there is a new cabinet have looked for a number on the box in the past and there is none the same as the ones in severn road /berkley road which doesnt have a fibre twin
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Mon 20-Aug-12 19:47:17
Print Post

The one I linked to is PCP 43.

Click http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProduc...

Then click Can I get Infinity button.

Click I'm not with BT, enter 999 as the house number and enter CO15 3PD as the postcode.

Not enter just the postcode again and click search smile

And the resultant list will have all addresses and other items including the DSLAM and PCP - doesn't seem to work for every cabinet, but did in this case.

Standard User Toonshorty
(newbie) Mon 20-Aug-12 19:54:32
Print Post

Did that post code trick to see my friend's street since his cab is located at the end of his road.

Strangely there are actually two listings for 'Street Side Dslam Cab' one ending mwd and the other mwn.

Is it normal for two cabinets to be on the same street. It's not particularly long with the highest house number being 34 and some numbers are even left out.

Anyone else seen anything similar?
Standard User JNeuhoff
(experienced) Mon 20-Aug-12 20:48:13
Print Post

Send an email to the Tendring District Council, they have an up-to-date spreadsheet list of all the fibre cabinets.

Keep in mind that this is only fibre from the exchange to the cabinet, the remaining part of the line is still the old copper wire. Though faster than ADSL2+, it is NOT a complete fibre-optic line to the house.

Edited by JNeuhoff (Mon 20-Aug-12 20:49:44)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to