General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gadget
(committed) Mon 19-Jan-15 08:24:41
Print Post

Re: Superfast Berkshire 2

[re: Khan] [link to this post]

Are you close to the Trading Estate?
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/01/bt-segr...
Standard User Khan
(committed) Mon 19-Jan-15 14:37:09
Print Post

[re: Gadget] [link to this post]

No i'm afraid i'm further out towards east from the Trading Estate frown

Dear BT, please enable FTTC on SLOUGH Main's Cabinet 114.
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Jan-15 23:22:07
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

January 2015 Update

The project did suffer delays with some cabinets delayed till the 31st of January, others have been put back to March 2015, most cabs have been deployed.

Their have been 3 EO and 1 cabinet that have been postponed.

As of the 23/01/2015 40 cabinets are live with a total of 8,381 THP (total homes passed)

Work continues on cabinet and EO lines across the county.

Orange BB 5856/448

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User petermjames
(newbie) Tue 27-Jan-15 08:10:07
Print Post

We are in Ufton Nervet RG7 4EH and connected to Burghfield Common.

I signed up for BT Infinity in December.

The engineer arrived on Monday 19th January. When he had finished setting it up the speed (4Mbits) was slower than we were getting on ADSL (7MBits) so we reverted to ADSL.

Yesterday (26th) somebody from BT (offshore call centre) rang me. They didn't even know why they were ringing me and the call was transferred 3 times (speaking to 4 different BT representatives) with me having to explain the issue to each. Eventually they just cancelled the fibre order as they were unable to help.

We are about a mile from the nearest cabinet and I assume that is the problem although I can't understand why it should be slower than ADSL (BT's line checker is showing 6 - 11 MBits).

This looks like our whole community of Ufton Nervet (about 200 people) aren't going to benefit from the extra money being spent on BT.
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 27-Jan-15 21:26:50
Print Post

[re: petermjames] [link to this post]

Its about 1.1 miles to the cab from your postcode, so about 1,770 meters so at that distance FTTC can be slower than asdl as you have found out- if their is alot of cross talk this will reduce speeds as well.

Cab 5 on the Bughfield Common exchange was upgraded commercially so no public funding was spent on it.

Phase 1 of the project has a target of 92.3% superfast coverage by the end of 2015, Phase 2 will extend this to 95% or higher by the end of 2017. West Berks will have only reached 82.9% superfast coverage by the end of 2015, so combined with the 95% target their is 12.1% of coverage to upgrade by 2017.

So its a case of waiting to see if Ufton Nervet will be covered by phase 2 of the project, details should be known by Summer.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User robjames
(newbie) Wed 11-Feb-15 15:08:59
Print Post

I understand that cabinet 10 in Pangbourne is still in planning state.

Where in Pangbourne is cabinet 10 located?

Rob James
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Feb-15 16:31:43
Print Post

[re: robjames] [link to this post]

Its opposite the bottom of Courtlands hill on the Tidmarsh road- September 2015 is the estimated date at current,

http://goo.gl/IFGK4D

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Feb-15 18:53:28
Print Post

And when you look at it's location, and realise the traffic on that busy road is doing 40+mph, you'll see why no one likes working in that cab !

Standard User robjames
(newbie) Thu 12-Feb-15 14:26:28
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I can certainly see your point there.

But there is a 30mph speed limit at this stretch, and shortly before that (in the village) it is even 20mph, as far as I remember.

They would probably close one lane during any work there.

Rob James
Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Thu 12-Feb-15 14:33:27
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
And when you look at it's location, and realise the traffic on that busy road is doing 40+mph, you'll see why no one likes working in that cab !
Nothing wrong with that, they have the bushes to dive into tongue

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to