General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 12-Feb-15 15:00:23
Print Post

Re: Superfast Berkshire 2

[re: robjames] [link to this post]

ut there is a 30mph speed limit at this stretch,

Yes but in all honesty, when have you ever seen anyone keep to the limit as they head for Tidmarsh !

Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Feb-15 21:53:49
Print Post

Re: Superfast Berkshire 2

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

February Update

50 cabinets are now live and 10,000+ homes passed, 40 more cabinets are planned for the 31st March 2015 which should increase the homes passed to 17,000 and the project back on track after the christmas delay.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User michaelporter
(newbie) Thu 05-Mar-15 12:54:53
Print Post

Exchange only lines in Wargrave

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I would be grateful for whatever advice and information other members of this forum can provide about a problem with fibre availability in the part of Wargrave where I live.

There are two roads (Station Road and Watermans Way) - Post Codes RG10 8EU and RG10 8HR respectively where virtually all properties are showing as directly connected to the exchange when the BT Broadband availability checker is used. In addition to the residential properties we also have a large boatyard and marina who will be adversely affected by the lack of a high speed connection. The SuperfastBerkshire Cabinet schedule has an entry under Wargrave that says EO(10) which I believe means that a cabinet no 10 will provide a service for EO lines at some point. However, this entry appears under postponed so that point may be a long time in the future.

Since discovering this last week I have leafletted all my neighbours and there should by now have been a lot of additional properties registering their desire for fibre based broadband.

Can anyone please
(1) confirm that our area is EO
(2) confirm that we are included in the EO(10) plan
(3) throw any light on the current plans for providing fibre to our area and what we can do to accelerate the process. I have already alerted our District Councillors but haven't had any response as yet.

Many thanks in anticipation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 05-Mar-15 13:09:12
Print Post

Re: Exchange only lines in Wargrave

[re: michaelporter] [link to this post]

Have you actually checked the properties using the phone number - tat is te only way to see if they are definitely EO or not. If there is a Cab number then they will not be, lack of Cab No means EO. It is actually possible to have two lines to the same property - one through a PCP and another EO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 05-Mar-15 13:11:23
Print Post

RG10 8EU 70% should be getting FTTC via cabinet 10 and RG10 8HR will all be served by cabinet 10 via the Berkshire BDUK project

Doing the EO areas means more work, so often is left until a gap in the schedule for the teams while they rush to get all the easy to do areas done first, i.e. hit coverage milestones

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Thu 05-Mar-15 14:22:51
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Yes, I checked my own number using
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Telep...
and got the following (phone number edited)

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 0118940xxxx on Exchange WARGRAVE

I included the dslchecker address in my leaflet and all those who have come back to me confirm that their response is similar to mine with no cabinet number showing.

Based on that do you agree that we are EO?
(newbie) Thu 05-Mar-15 14:25:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, is there a list of the properties that comprise the 70% that you quote?
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 05-Mar-15 14:44:51
Print Post

Almost certain ...

As a further example I have just checked my place in Scotland - same building:

Telephone Number 014xxxxxx34 on Exchange XXXXXXXX.
Telephone Number 014xxxxxx82 on Exchange XXXXXXXX is served by Cabinet 1

And it is random as to which houses are EO and which via a PCP!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 05-Mar-15 14:49:27
Print Post

(1) confirm that our area is EO

Oh yes, for sure it's EO.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 05-Mar-15 15:54:15
Print Post

Nope and until things are live plans can change so do not bank on a cabinet appearing.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to