General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RG41
(newbie) Wed 22-Jul-15 21:58:16
Print Post

Re: Superfast Berkshire

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Was passing Molly Millars lane today and can confirm there is a FTTC cab a few feet up from 76 but no sign of any change to 25..
Standard User michaelporter
(newbie) Sat 25-Jul-15 13:39:32
Print Post

Re: Exchange only lines in Wargrave

Can anyone throw any light on what plans are now in place for the EO lines in my own post code RG10 8EU and the neighbouring code of RG10 8HR. Both are showing on the superfast berkshire interactive map with a live date of Sep 2015 which I suspect is inaccurate?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 25-Jul-15 14:15:11
Print Post

[re: michaelporter] [link to this post]

RG10 8EU and RG10 8HR looks like FTTC via a new cabinet 10

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Sat 25-Jul-15 14:17:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks for your very prompt reply. Does your source give any idea of timing?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 25-Jul-15 16:04:26
Print Post

Alas no

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Sat 25-Jul-15 21:31:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

OK thanks for checking I will ask the superfast berkshire group for an update on progress
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 26-Jul-15 02:54:18
Print Post

Their is some duct unblocking showing up Loddon rd on the 27th-29th July- the new cab may be on the junction with station road.

Orange BB 5856/448
(newbie) Sun 26-Jul-15 10:20:23
Print Post

Thanks, that would make sense as the position which would give just about the lowest total length of copper to the houses on the two roads. If it ever stops raining and I see the guys turn up I will ask some innocent questions.
(newbie) Wed 29-Jul-15 11:56:25
Print Post

The Open Reach team is on site and have confirmed that they are installing a cabinet for FTTC for the exchange only lines which they thought would probably be up and running by end September.

I ran a mini campaign in our area to get households to register with superfastberkshire and would like to be able to pass on the good news but haven't heard anything official from superfastberkshire. I rang their office at Newbury and was told that the work is indeed to provide fibre to current XO connections. The reason for no communication just yet is that they want to wait until everything has been connected (expected to be end September) so that they can confirm which post codes precisely will get the improved service.

Overall, it looks like good news
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Jul-15 12:09:29
Print Post

Usual pattern is for checkers to update to show a cabinet number, and then FTTC to go live a short while after.

Ideally I'd like to see a leaflet drop from projects a couple of weeks after cab has gone live in EO areas, as willing to bet many have given up hope once they found out they were EO or were told so by a provider previously. In short the change is not visible to people and providers are not very pro-active at chasing to ask if people want to upgrade.

Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to