General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User michaelporter
(newbie) Wed 29-Jul-15 12:17:42
Print Post

Re: Exchange only lines in Wargrave

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the warning - we have got a village monthly newspaper so I could get it publicised in there plus I will alert the 20 households who responded to an earlier leaflet when I urged them to register interest with superfast berkshire.
Standard User chad5k1
(newbie) Mon 10-Aug-15 18:49:27
Print Post

Re: Cabinet 42 in Maidenhead

[re: michaelporter] [link to this post]

Hi, wonder if someone can help.
I live on Kinghorn park in Maidenhead, the entire street of 35 odd houses is served by cabinet 42. That does not seem to be on any list and doesn't look like it will be served by gigaflow or callflow solutions either - it is not rural, but is the only place in the whole of maidenhead not to be upgraded.
Superfastberkshire are not responding to my emails and almost all the residents want fast broadband - we currently get a flakey 3mb at best.
I'm presuming that BT have decided that the cabinet does not serve enough customers to make it pay off. I'm almost resigning myself to 4g or slow broadband now - any thoughts? Can anyone add any weight to my thinking?
Thanks in advance.
Richard
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 10-Aug-15 19:01:32
Print Post

[re: chad5k1] [link to this post]

Alas not on any known plans, so project probably trying not to give you the bad news

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7032-gigaclear-wi...

Might be one of the new CallFlow cabinets or you might have to wait even longer only project people will know and am betting even if on one of their lists until cabinets start to be built they will not confirm anything in case plans have to change.

4G and make use of things like EE 100GB SIM offers as much as possible alongside a more usual data SIM is probably the way for now. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7068-100gb-a-mont...

For full time use at home a 4G router that gives Ethernet and WiFi is the longer term solution.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chad5k1
(newbie) Mon 10-Aug-15 19:54:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Figured as much. Thanks for the response.
I guess if I get a good router that does 4g, fibre and ADSL that should last me for the long term and not be a waste of money. Without wishing to go too off-piste any suggestions on that? Draytek perhaps?
Richard
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 10-Aug-15 20:11:56
Print Post

For those going down 4g path usually suggest hauwei b593 does not do adsl/fibre

Devices that do all three things rely on usb dongle gor the 4g usually and can be a pain to set up

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Aug-15 17:21:23
Print Post

Really waiting on the phase 2 plans, as phase 1 is coming up to completion soon- but their is still funding to push coverage to 99-100% superfast in the other parts of Berkshire- West Berks will likely meet this via the Gigaclear funding.

August Update

The project has just reached 98 cabinets live with 19,387 home passed.

Their are another 26 cabs to come for phase 1, 5 still under discussion and 11 areas postponed.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Tue 11-Aug-15 17:33:48)

Standard User gigtek
(newbie) Fri 11-Sep-15 14:37:53
Print Post

Re: West Berks Gigaclear

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Does anybody know when Gigaclear are likely to produce an update to their rollout plans for West Berkshire. We have been on and off the Infinity roll-out a couple of times. All around us are on Infinity but we have been pushed to Gigaclear.
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Fri 11-Sep-15 16:00:08
Print Post

[re: gigtek] [link to this post]

not sure how you can be on and off he rollout -- whats your location as that is odd
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Sep-15 16:50:15
Print Post

[re: gigtek] [link to this post]

End of September should see the first list announced, it may slip into early October but their will be more updates from Gigaclear and the project.

Infinity is just BT retails product name for FTTC, the Openreach deployment in phase 1 has to be cost effective and cover as many properties as possible within the budget.

As mentioned before in the thread your cabinet would not be viable to upgrade, its great that we have the gigaclear deployment for phase 2 but areas could well be waiting till 2017.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Fri 11-Sep-15 16:53:37)

Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Sep-15 17:03:36
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

September Update

Phase 1 to compelte by the end of September 2015- project is currently at 100 live cabinets with another 24 by the end of the project, 19,768 total homes passed at current.

Phase 2- Details are from the September Digital Champions Update

West Berks- Gigaclear

Gigaclear and the Superfast Berkshire team are analysing data to confirm exactly which West Berkshire premise are eligible for phase 2 state aid funding and therefore within the scope of phase 2. Once we have an agreed list of properties, Gigaclear will provide us with a high level roll out schedule before the end of September 2015, detailing which communities will be completed in what timescale. We will publish this schedule and the list of properties on the SFB project website. 11,700 properties to be covered.

RBWM - 11 cabinets have been identified that will be upgraded to FTTC in areas around Windsor, Wraysbury, Burchett’s Green and Horton.Work will start in Autumn 2015 and is expected to be completed around mid 2016, providing an upgrade to more than 1,750 premises.

Reading and Wokingham - Assuming contracts can be awarded, there will be solutions providing a combination of FTTC, fixed wireless and a small amount of FTTP. If BDUK‘s EU State Aid authorisation can be completed later this year, then implementation is still expected to be completed before the end of 2017. The Call Flow proposals provide coverage for 1,550 premises in Reading and 3,250 premises in Wokingham if contracts are awarded.

Alot more coverage to come but just waiting on deployment plans and contacts.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Fri 11-Sep-15 17:04:46)

Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to