General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RG41
(newbie) Wed 30-Sep-15 10:01:41
Print Post

Re: West Berks Gigaclear

[re: RG41] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RG41:
roadworks.org advised the following work is planned to erect a new PCP outside the exchange between the 19th and 25th September... assuming BT has the ability to go from build completed to RFS in 3 working days..

I guess sticking to schedule is not a concern as this work is now listed as 19th September to 2nd October, there is also another work scheduled between the 4th and 7th October to build yet another chamber...

Highway Authority: Wokingham Borough Council
Description: Build 1 concrete chamber 725mm x 255mm x 665mm deep in Footway,Install 2m of 1 way poly duct in Footway,Provide 1 core drill(s) into jointbox or building
Standard User michaelporter
(newbie) Thu 01-Oct-15 11:58:15
Print Post

Re: Exchange only lines in Wargrave

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I have just spoken to the Superfast Berkshire Office and was told that there was a technical problem with the originally planned positioning of the cabinet (near the Station Road/Loddon Drive junction) and a new location for the cabinet is being worked on. There is no estimate of how long this will take.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Oct-15 13:05:50
Print Post

Re: Exchange only lines in Wargrave

[re: michaelporter] [link to this post]

and was told that there was a technical problem with the originally planned positioning of the cabinet (near the Station Road/Loddon Drive junction)

Knowing the location, more likely the NIMBY squad up in arms about it. wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gigtek
(newbie) Sat 03-Oct-15 12:36:25
Print Post

Any update on Gigacear deployment? Superfastberks site giving me 404.

Thanks.
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Oct-15 14:11:12
Print Post

[re: gigtek] [link to this post]

Latest update is 120 cabinets live with 23,926 total homes passed, leaves only 1 cabinet and 3 EO cabs to be installed which is a small slippage into October.

Phase 2 deployment news should be up this month.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Oct-15 18:39:24
Print Post

http://www.gigaclear.com/superfastberkshire

Postcode checker that will confirm if you are in Gigaclear's West Berkshire deployment, it will only be rural areas so no towns ie Newbury/Thatcham etc.

I have entered a few postcodes and so far its just stating coming soon.

A deployment list is due within 1-2 weeks and will be on the website.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Thu 15-Oct-15 18:46:16)

Standard User lagrian
(newbie) Fri 16-Oct-15 13:38:02
Print Post

I have just checked my postcode and my address is not listed. What does this mean for me. I am on cabinet (6 - Woolhampton) which was delayed and then passed to Gigaclear for phase 2 and now it looks like I won't be getting any kind of fibre despite being smack bang in the middle of Operreach and Gigaclear customers and no real reason why I shouldn't be included (i.e. no access or other issues). Could there be a reason for this? I've tried to notify Gigaclear but I feel its just a blanket collection of demand rather than anyone really reading the enquiries.

Regards
Adrian
Standard User hattersley
(newbie) Fri 16-Oct-15 21:55:46
Print Post

[re: lagrian] [link to this post]

I've just checked my postcode and get "Sorry, Gigaclear is not in your area" - RG7 4SF (Aldermaston Wharf, next to the train station). My house is a new build which was only completed in the last few months. However, upon checking some of the postcodes next to my new build they are on the list and can check the status of the build out, e.g. RG74UX and RG74JJ.

Does this mean that since my property is a new build I am totally excluded from the Gigaclear deployment even though it will pass right by my street? The BT cab I am connected to has no plans what so ever to be Fibre enabled, especially since every other property in the area will be served by Gigaclear.

I'm not sure who I would contact to raise this. I registered interest with Gigaclear a few months ago, and I also registered interest with the Superfast Berkshire website but I don't see a contact option to see if there is any option to have my new street (of only 14 properties) added since they must be running fibre right past us to get the surrounding properties.

It would be rather gutting to see all the existing developments in the area enabled and I'm stuck with 5Mbs ADSL :/
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Fri 16-Oct-15 23:26:40
Print Post

[re: hattersley] [link to this post]

Why not ring them up using these contact details.

If you can get your neighbours interested you would have a stronger case.

Michael Chare
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 17-Oct-15 22:10:13
Print Post

[re: lagrian] [link to this post]

You will be covered under the Gigaclear deployment- Midgham CP is not planned until Phase 3 of the deployment which will be September 2016 to February 2017.

Aldermaston CP is also in phase 3, you can contact the Superfast Berkshire team to check as your property is a new build but their may not be any news until closer to the phase.

projectteam@superfastberkshire.org.uk

This is the current deployment plan though its subject to change- coverage will go to 99% in West Berkshire. Deployment will be from December 2015 to the end of 2017.

Phase 1 (Dec 2015 Jun 2016)
Beedon CP
Brightwalton CP
Catmore CP
Chaddleworth CP
East Garston CP
Farnborough CP
Hungerford CP
Kintbury CP
Boxford CP
Fawley CP
Great Shefford CP
Lambourn CP
Leckhampstead CP
Peasemore CP
Welford CP
West Ilsley CP

Phase 2 (May 2016 Oct 2016)
Aldworth CP
Brimpton CP
Cold Ash CP
Combe CP
Compton CP
Chieveley CP
Enborne CP
Greenham CP
West Woodhay CP
Winterbourne CP
Hampstead Norreys CP
Hamstead Marshall CP
Hermitage CP
Inkpen CP
Newbury CP
Shaw Cum Donnington CP
Speen CP
Thatcham CP

Phase 3 (Sep 2016 Feb 2017)
Aldermaston CP
Beech Hill CP
Beenham CP
Bucklebury CP
Englefield CP
Frilsham CP
Midgham CP
Padworth CP
Stanford Dingley
Stratfield Mortimer CP
Sulhamstead CP
Theale CP
Ufton Nervet CP
Wasing CP
Wokefield CP
Woolhampton CP

Phase 4 (Jan 2017 Jun 2017)
Ashampstead CP
Basildon CP
Bradfield CP
Streatley CP
Sulham CP
Tidmarsh CP
Tilehurst CP
Pangbourne CP

Under Planning Review
Burghfield CP
East Ilsley CP
Holybrook CP
Purley On Thames CP
Yattendon CP

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Sat 17-Oct-15 22:11:37)

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to