General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lagrian
(newbie) Tue 24-May-16 23:35:57
Print Post

Re: West Berks Gigaclear

[re: gigtek] [link to this post]

nice one, just booked my seat.

Thanks for that
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 10-Jun-16 01:52:27
Print Post

[re: lagrian] [link to this post]

Superfast Berkshire phase 3

Phase 3 procurement is underway with a time scale deployment of 2017/2018, the third phase will target 97% superfast coverage in all of the Berkshire districts.

Funding is £3.5 million of which:

a) Funding that could not be used under Phase 2 contracts that will be re-applied to Reading and Wokingham respectively:

£382,500 from Reading Borough Council and BDUK
£615,000 from Wokingham Borough Council, Thames Valley Berkshire Local Enterprise Partnership and BDUK
b) Funding of around £2.5m (to be confirmed) released from our Phase 1 contract due to underspend on planned delivery and share in revenue from take-up of service on the 120 cabinets deployed. This funding will be applied to all Berkshire districts.

Further details to be published by Superfast Berkshire at the end of July.

Full details in the link below.

http://www.superfastberkshire.org.uk/index.aspx?arti...

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User lagrian
(newbie) Tue 28-Jun-16 11:58:28
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

They have updated the roll out schedule from gigaclear

http://www.gigaclear.com/superfast-berkshire-rollout...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jun-16 18:02:34
Print Post

Better with the dates and more accurate with the areas to be covered though their does seem to be a bit of overlap.

What was discussed at the Woolhampton meeting?

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jun-16 18:03:02
Print Post

Re: West Berks Gigaclear *DELETED*

Post deleted by ccxo
Standard User lagrian
(newbie) Wed 29-Jun-16 15:05:51
Print Post

Unfortunately my daughter snapped her arm in two places an hour before the meeting. She said she didn't want to go smile

Someone in the village is suppose to be sending me a summary via email but I'm yet to receive it.
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 12-Jul-16 23:23:08
Print Post

Just had the Gigaclear presentation for my village- pretty much just a sales pitch only a vague map colored red where they intend to deploy.

Their postcode checker will confirm coverage, only the next areas for deployment will be up.
Deployment is 3 months per area with the core network built within a month, its quite a tight schedule they are running to, in order to meet the contractual deadline.

Any questions do ask.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 13-Jul-16 10:39:35
Print Post

With people thinking Gigaclear might bid for some CDS areas, there is perhaps some attention on how much coverage they are achieving. Are they actually getting fibre to every house?
Standard User lagrian
(newbie) Wed 13-Jul-16 14:41:42
Print Post

Thanks for the info, my dad's up in cold ash and was going to attend that event. He's off the main road and set back a bit so we were not sure if its even an option for him. Did they mention what the criteria is for coverage such as straying off the beaten path?

Schedule for Woolhampton seems to of slipped massively to Jan 17 end date
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Jul-16 22:32:23
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

With West Berks the tender was for just over 11,700 homes, Gigaclear will deploy a fiber pot to each property by the end of the contract.
This will take superfast coverage to over 99% and the council is holding £1.5 million of Gigaclears money until they meet the contractual deadline.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Wed 13-Jul-16 22:44:43)

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to