General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User muttley69
(newbie) Mon 03-Feb-14 08:15:16
Print Post

Re: Superfast Berkshire 2

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Have i got the wrong end of the stick? Isn't "fibre to premises" connected directly to the exchange? I've read there will be a cost involved (£500-£1000 at our distance) which we're happy to pay. There are a lot of premises connected directly to our exchange "you will not have access to fibre broadband" doesn't seem too hopeful.

BURGHFIELD COMMON FTTC/P & FoD

Dear Sir,

As previously explained, your line is connected directly to the exchange and we do not currently have any plans to upgrade E/O lines at this exchange. This means that under current plans, you will not have access to fibre broadband.

Regards

Tony Franklin
NGA Enquiries
W Web: www.openreach.co.uk
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Feb-14 13:07:54
Print Post

[re: muttley69] [link to this post]

All fibre products will link back to a exchange, what you are getting confused with is FTTP and FoD, Fibre On Demand requires your line to be connected to a cabinet with a Fibre Twin and the service to be live on your exchange.
As you are on a E/O line you are not connected to a cabinet and are unable to order FoD.

The Superfast Berkshire project will likely either install a new cabinet to transfer the E/O lines or FTTP may be built, though its more likely to be FTTC.

Burghfield Common is down as FTTC/P, so their may be some FTTP though i believe it was planned for a new housing development but not 100% sure.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Mar-14 16:58:48
Print Post

March Update

Its been a while since the last update, Superfast Berkshire has relased the list of the first two phase cabinets that are being surveyed.

http://www.superfastberkshire.org.uk/CHttpHandler.as...

The first phase is roughly 30 cabinets, these will be known once the suvery completes in April and the list for phase 1 deployment is released, ready for service could before December.

Burghfield Common fibre duct is currently being laid after the blockages have been cleared on the Burghfield to Reading Road, exchange should start accepting orders soon.

RCBF is still on going and the project is awaiting news, if the bid is succesful the RCBF work will join the main project.

BDUK 2- Berkshire has a 3.56 million allocation and is currently being discussed by the 6 councils, further details to follow.

Orange BB 5856/448

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Fri 14-Mar-14 18:43:20
Print Post

To give you an idea on timescales, I'm on the Bucks & Herts BDUK program, and I'm being told survey in April, service by late summer.

Cheers,
AP

ZeN Office
Draytek Vigor 2710n
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Apr-14 23:51:22
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

April Update

Survey work continues across the county- it will be likely end of May once the full list is published for the first phase of cabinets, openreach will start work on the first cabinets before the list is published.

RCBF has given West Berks £0.55m this will be used to upgrade 15 cabinets across various west berks parishes, otherwise they like the rest not in the first pot of goverment funding will be waiting for the SEP to take coverage to 95%.

Pcp 2 Thatcham looks to be ready for service by the end of April- Openreach have enginnerrd a solution for the power, just waiting for the rest of the work to finish.

Burghfield Common, work is planned for the next few weeks to lay more cable on the Reading road, should hopefully see this exchange finally go live.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-Apr-14 16:02:38
Print Post

Slight update - PCP 2 Thatcham is now live, has been a year+ delay on this cab.

Also second cabinet suvery list is online- period is April to July 2014 and it covers quite a few exchange only lines.

Main site link for lists

http://www.superfastberkshire.org.uk/index.aspx?arti...

2nd cabinet suvery list

http://www.superfastberkshire.org.uk/CHttpHandler.as...

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Tue 15-Apr-14 17:24:27)

Standard User nose_hunter
(newbie) Tue 15-Apr-14 16:39:38
Print Post

Hey ccxo

Do you know any approx timescales for the Horton end of Wraysbury? I know that I am connected to cab 40 on Stanwell Road. Openreach where and when states "coming soon June 2014", but I just cant see that particular cab being done until next year. Only because a document I saw on the superfast berkshire website said that this particular cabinet is not being surveyed until next year.

Any info would help muchly smile
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-Apr-14 17:20:49
Print Post

[re: nose_hunter] [link to this post]

Cab 40 is connected to the Colnbrook exchange- cabs 40 & 46 are due for suvery between April to July 2014, so a rough timescale could put deployment before December but its all subject to survery.

Wraysbury cabs 1/2/3 are in the same suvery window April to July 2014, so its odd to see Wraysbury on the 'where and when' website as the surverys will need to be done- still working on the first list.

The Openreach where and when website can be very slow to update and will push exchanges back 3-6 months if their are delays- only 1 cab is needed for a exchange to accept orders.

The high level plan for Berkshire will change as each suvery is completed, so dates will change and maps/lists will update on the website.

The BT wholesale adsl checker is the most accurate way to tell if the service is live- either phone number or address- use address if on sky/tt full lu ie no bt number.

Just keep an eye on cabinet 40 and when a FTTC cab appears next to it- is roughly 2-3 months till its ready but the wholesale checker will tell you when its live.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Tue 15-Apr-14 18:07:59)

Standard User nose_hunter
(newbie) Tue 15-Apr-14 17:35:33
Print Post

Thanks for the quick reply. I know I am connected to Colnbrook and that particular cab as I had a fault with the line last week

Thanks again
Standard User Ivy
(newbie) Sun 01-Jun-14 13:11:09
Print Post

Does anybody know anything about the results of the Berkshire January to March survey work and any subsequent enabling work? I am particularly interested in cabinet 7 on Hermitage exchange. It all seems to have gone very quiet.

We Want Superfast Berkshire
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to