General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Jun-14 01:06:34
Print Post

Re: Superfast Berkshire 2

[re: Ivy] [link to this post]

The results are not due till the end of June, Superfast Berks will then update with the phase 1 cabinets.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Jun-14 23:48:23
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Not really much to report for May as suverys for the first batch of cabinets where underway.

June Update

Like May not much to report as the first deployment phase wont be announced till the end of the month, but their is duct blockage clearnance by Openreach across West Berks going on at current.

Second set of suvery locations is underway, EO lines in West Berks are part of this but like the first all is suject to survery before deployment.

Burghfield Common is being delayed to bring the BDUK cabinets on line (subject to survery), so go live date could be a few months still.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User PangbourneMac
(newbie) Tue 24-Jun-14 13:39:25
Print Post

Gang,

I live in Pangbourne, West Berkshire, and had registered my interest in BT Infinity and Superfast Berkshire at their respective websites a few years ago.

Hence, I'm guessing that I wasn't the only one to receive this email (included below) today. Despite not having come through with all the details intended, it would seem to indicate that developments are reaching a new stage in terms of the Superfast Berkshire roll-out.

I then used the PostCode and Landline checker at BT OpenReach and at BT Infinity, but both are still showing our location as 'Unavailable', though there is a disclaimer that updates may take up to two weeks to come through.

We live fairly near a cabinet (P8 if I remember correctly), which I believe is slated for upgrade according to this:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6355-berkshire-le...

Anyway, I have no idea of any proposed timeline, but given that the indications were that the surveys were to be completed at the end of June, this would seem to be a hopeful sign.

For What It's Worth...

+++++

From: Superfast Openreach <superfastopenreachcomms.co.uk@my.westhill-mailer.co.uk>
Date: 24 June 2014 10:27:56 BST
To:
Subject: Superfast Fibre Broadband Update: Your local exchange has been added to our rollout plans
Reply-To: Superfast Openreach <re-DK5-2KPWB-GIA9US-BZOO4@my.westhill-mailer.co.uk

Dear (name),

Thanks for telling us that you're interested in superfast fibre broadband.

We're really pleased to let you know that your local exchange, {ExchangeName}, has been added to our rollout plans.

You can get more details about the current status of the {ExchangeName} exchange, and find out when superfast fibre broadband will be available, using out new interactive map at www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when.

Because there are instances where we can't upgrade every single street cabinet, we'd advise you to contact your preferred Communications Provider and use their line checker to find out whether or not your property will be able to get superfast fibre broadband.

Satisfy your need for speed, with downloads of up to 100Mbit/s and join our superfast fibre revolution.

+++++

Edited by PangbourneMac (Tue 24-Jun-14 13:50:43)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 24-Jun-14 18:02:47
Print Post

[re: PangbourneMac] [link to this post]

Just to provide a quick update to my own post, I received a subsequent letter with the missing bits filled in, so it seems that this is legitimate, and that things are about to ramp-up. At long last!

+++++

From: Superfast Openreach <superfast@openreach-comms.co.uk>
Date: 24 June 2014 17:27:17 BST
Subject: Amendment - Superfast Fibre Broadband Update: Your local exchange has been added to our rollout plans
Reply-To: Superfast Openreach <re-DK5-2KSYZ-GIA9US-BZOO4@openreach-comms.co.uk>

24 June 2014

We have been made aware that some people have received an incomplete version of this email - please accept our apologies and find below an updated version.

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thanks for telling us that you're interested in superfast fibre broadband.

We're really pleased to let you know that your local exchange, Pangbourne, has been added to our rollout plans.

You can get more details about the current status of the Pangbourne exchange, and find out when superfast fibre broadband will be available, using our new interactive map at www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when.

Because there are instances where we can't upgrade every single street cabinet, we'd advise you to contact your preferred Communications Provider and use their line checker to find out whether or not your property will be able to get superfast fibre broadband.

Satisfy your need for speed, with downloads of up to 100Mbit/s and join our superfast fibre revolution.

Regards,

Openreach Marketing

www.superfast-openreach.co.uk

T&C's
Contact us
Privacy Policy
Unsubscribe from Superfast emails

British Telecommunications plc 2013
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no: 1800000
(newbie) Wed 25-Jun-14 13:08:08
Print Post

And, to provide an update to my update...

It turns out it was a False Alarm, according to the third email I've received from Superfast Openreach in the past 24 hours:

+++++

From: Superfast Openreach <superfast@openreach-comms.co.uk>
Date: 25 June 2014 12:56:04 BST
Subject: Technical issue with Superfast Fibre Broadband availability update
Reply-To: Superfast Openreach <re-DK5-2KWD4-GIA9US-BZOO5@openreach-comms.co.uk>

25 June 2014

Dear xxxxxxxx,

We had a technical problem yesterday whilst using a new email system. The issue led to a number of people receiving inaccurate information about fibre.

Please ignore any emails you have received from Openreach in the past 24 hours and accept our apologies for the confusion this might have caused.

Regards,

Openreach Marketing

www.superfast-openreach.co.uk

T&C's
Contact us
Privacy Policy
Unsubscribe from Superfast emails

British Telecommunications plc 2014
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no: 1800000

+++++

Apologies for passing along the earlier misinformation from Openreach.

As they say in the newspaper business, "The Times regrets the error"...
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Jun-14 17:22:23
Print Post

Hi, the first batch of 64 cabs is subject to survery so we will not know until early July when the phase 1 cab list is published.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Jul-14 00:35:50
Print Post

July Update

Superfast Berkshire deployment has started and Openreach are already in deploment- phase 1 list is expected in the next few weeks.

Deplyoment for phase 1 is split in 2 quaters, so July to September and October to December.

These cabs i have found via roadworks.org and work is planned over July, more will follow.

Newbury 27/32/33/64/83
Theale 3/6/8
East Isley 1
Mortimer 1/2
Burghfield Common 1/4
Chieveley 4
Lambourn 9

BDUK 2 funding for Berkshire has been agreed- £3.56 allocation from goverment with match funding required.

West Berkshire put up £1.475m, Windsor & Maidenhead £163,750, Reading and Wokingham are finalising- Bracknell and Slough will exceed the 95% coverage by the end of BDUK 1 so likely no funding from them.

Thames Valley Berkshire LEP is contributing £560,000 from its EU funding, pending approval from EU/UK goverment negotiations.

Total pot could be £4.7 million which is more then twice the orginal BDUK project for Berkshire.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Aug-14 22:45:48
Print Post

August Update

Pdf on the superfast berkshire website which lists the exchanges and their cabs which are part of the project, covers phase 1/2 survey-cabs and exchange only lines.

http://www.superfastberkshire.org.uk/CHttpHandler.as...

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Thu 14-Aug-14 22:46:47)

Standard User muttley69
(newbie) Tue 26-Aug-14 12:01:58
Print Post

Nice to see that the EO lines haven't been overlooked (yet) - has been a little frustrating seeing the new cabinets go live in Burghfield Common, which of course only service the new housing estates - leaving established bushinesses and residents without fiber.

Was also slightly ironic that the big unveiling event of the first fibre cabinet was held on Recreation Road, which is all EO lines and meters from Burghfield Post Office which is also EO.
Standard User Fumbledore
(newbie) Thu 28-Aug-14 11:29:56
Print Post

I notice that there is lot of interest in West Berkshire, but not so much in East Berkshire. Can anybody help me understand the Berkshire upgrade policy. The cabinet I am connected to (Cabinet 19 off the Crowthorne exchange) has been fibre enabled, but due to the 'telephony legacy' my distance to the cabinet must be very long because I cannot get the Infinity product. In these cases, is there a part of the Berkshire plan to improve the availability of hi speed internet to customers already connected to an enabled cabinet?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to