General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Sep-14 22:14:27
Print Post

Re: Superfast Berkshire 2

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

September Update

Cab deployment continues and the list looks to be updated every 2 weeks, best place to check the cab progress.

http://www.superfastberkshire.org.uk/CHttpHandler.as...

The public consultation for BDUK 2 has been published, along with 2 maps Fibre and USC coverage that the main project will deliver.

Also their is a excel sheet with the proposed state aid classification for each postcode as of July 2014.

http://www.superfastberkshire.org.uk/index.aspx?arti...

On the fibre map their are green areas that are planned to be connected but are at risk of not achieving superfast broadband ie 24Mbps+. What is slightly odd is that its not taken account of the cab locations which in many green areas would turn grey once the service is live.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User PangbourneMac
(newbie) Mon 29-Sep-14 13:44:13
Print Post

Gang,

For what it's worth, I can confirm that work has started in Pangbourne, and that the new Cabinet has already been installed for P8, at the corner of Reading Road and Bourne Road. Diggers showed up on Friday, new Cabinet in place on Saturday.

No word on how long it takes to get everything wired up, tested and running, but work is underway.

Regards,

-PM

Edited by PangbourneMac (Mon 29-Sep-14 13:46:19)

Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Sep-14 22:55:19
Print Post

[re: PangbourneMac] [link to this post]

Its about 3 months for each batch of cabinets, cabs 4/5/7 along with 8 on the Pangbourne exchange are estimated to be completed by December 31st.

Cab 10 and the EO lines on Pangbourne are still in the suvery stage.

Orange BB 5856/448

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Oct-14 16:34:27
Print Post

Superfast Berkshire Deployment map Sep 2014, map has postcode search and colours for each stage of the deployment.

http://www.superfastberkshire.org.uk/index.aspx?arti...

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Wed 01-Oct-14 16:34:51)

Standard User tonys102
(newbie) Tue 07-Oct-14 11:57:51
Print Post

Interesting - I am in RG7 4GB, and yet it's telling me that I am not connected to that cabinet with my phone lines... How accurate is the data..???
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 07-Oct-14 12:03:30
Print Post

[re: tonys102] [link to this post]

Give me a team of 100 people for a month and will be able to tell you.

In the meantime RG7 4GB is split between two cabinets

The vast majority on a cabinet that is live for FTTC via the Burghfield Common exchange (cab 4)
and then a few on Reading South (cab 66) that is part of the project.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tonys102
(newbie) Tue 07-Oct-14 12:19:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yeah - I am connected to Cab 4, according to various checkers, but they are not committing to when it's going to happen... frown
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 07-Oct-14 12:44:46
Print Post

Address CHARLEN HOUSE, READING ROAD, BURGHFIELD, READING, RG30 3RF on Exchange BURGHFIELD COMMON is served by Cabinet 4

Has the following shown:
FTTC Range A (Clean) 69.5 52.3 20 15 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 60.4 35 20 10.1 -- Available

A google check on those two postcodes suggests 2.5 miles distance between the two areas, and as VDSL2 range is pretty much 2km this explains why nothing is showing up for you, since VDSL2 will bring no benefit. Distance to the cabinet itself looks to be around 4 to 4.5km from your postcode.

So cabinet 4 is live, nothing is showing up for your postcode due to the distance to cabinet.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tonys102
(newbie) Tue 07-Oct-14 12:52:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

So - can I get my lines moved to the other cabinet.?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 07-Oct-14 12:58:06
Print Post

Copper rearrangement - rare and might be possible but who picks up the bill.

For now the likelihood is that the project will ignore you as goal is 90% superfast and you are in that 1 in 10 that's not so easy to solve.

Not good news, but that is the reality for now.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to