General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User barriegash
(newbie) Tue 02-Oct-12 14:30:22
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Margate, Ramsgate and Broadstairs - Part 3

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Ok got some news if you have not heard yet please R0NSKI
How much I believe in it tho is not allot as was speaking to the chaps pushing the fibre thro back in may time ish and was told all was pushed thro now and hard bit is done so i got hold of some contact emails and finally got a reply back from one of them a week or 2 ago and been busy to put this up

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject
FW: PMO ** 10597 ** FTTC NDTHA 21 CT9 5PW
email text
Dear Mr XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Openreach about fibre Broadband.

We are experiencing problems installing the main fibre optic spine that feeds not only your cabinet, but three others.
The underground ductwork is blocked around the area of Marine Gardens and we need to excavate to clear the blockage. However, the highways authority have insisted that we would have to wait until the end of the Olympics before we commence, they have also insisted that the work is done on a night time, which also causes delays.

If all goes to plan, we would expect your cab to go live around the end of November.

Regards
Tony Franklin
Network Investment Customer Engagement
Email:- nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if this is true the cabinets that could be affected are all of them or port only of some of these cabinets

NDTHA 21
NDTHA 45
NDTHA 37
NDTHA 31
NDTHA 13
NDTHA 12
NDTHA 8
NDTHA 38

as posted this is only some of them or all the cabinets involved and is true or not plus some roadworks have gone up for the end of the Oct month for
Roadworks job numbers
BC005WP00100500076346603
BC005WP00100500076346602
for 28th of Oct to 1st Nov for traffic control and Install 67m of 1 way poly duct in Footway,Install 8m of 1 way poly duct in Carriageway

So Time will tell if what is going to happen or not happen

Thanks RONSKI for all your hard work involved in the area

BaZZeR
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Tue 02-Oct-12 20:04:05
Print Post

[re: barriegash] [link to this post]

That does sound correct, RJH321 enquired about his cabinet a few weeks back (in this thread) and that was similar, his is NDTHA31. It would also tie in with none of the cabinets over that side being live yet.

The only thing that does sound odd is they say 3 others, there's 5 or 6 others that could come off that one spine, but as above it does sound entirely plausible.

Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Tue 02-Oct-12 21:36:22
Print Post

[re: barriegash] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by barriegash:
Ok got some news if you have not heard yet please R0NSKI
How much I believe in it tho is not allot as was speaking to the chaps pushing the fibre thro back in may time ish and was told all was pushed thro now and hard bit is done so i got hold of some contact emails and finally got a reply back from one of them a week or 2 ago and been busy to put this up

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject
FW: PMO ** 10597 ** FTTC NDTHA 21 CT9 5PW
email text
Dear Mr XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Openreach about fibre Broadband.

We are experiencing problems installing the main fibre optic spine that feeds not only your cabinet, but three others.
The underground ductwork is blocked around the area of Marine Gardens and we need to excavate to clear the blockage. However, the highways authority have insisted that we would have to wait until the end of the Olympics before we commence, they have also insisted that the work is done on a night time, which also causes delays.

If all goes to plan, we would expect your cab to go live around the end of November.

Regards
Tony Franklin
Network Investment Customer Engagement
Email:- nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that email is only from a few days ago then some of the information is very old (at least to me).

A number of roads around Kent were protected from planned works during the Olympics. This included busy and/or strategic roads in certain areas. This ended after the main Olympics ended.

Marine Gardens is a traffic sensitive street between the hours of 07:00 to 19:00 from Monday to Saturday. Putting up temporary lights at the junction with Belgrave Road is very likely to cause congestion even if manually controlled during the entire day. Discussions between works promoters (BT, SGN, SWS etc.) and the Highway authority may lead to specific permit conditions of night or extended hours working.

Anyway, the works are currently permitted to commence from 28th October pending any changes by Openreach or other unforeseen issues elsewhere (emergency gas escape closures like in Albion Street, Broadstairs) in the immediate area.

Fingers crossed that the works are problem free. I'd rather not have to deal with any complaints frown.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Tue 02-Oct-12 21:40:44
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

I understand the need for a freeze around the Olympics - in fact, I'm told BT had one too.

But I'm surprised that there was one on the roads *this* far out. And if it was merited for the Olympics, why not the Paralympics too?
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Tue 02-Oct-12 22:11:05
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WWWombat:
I understand the need for a freeze around the Olympics - in fact, I'm told BT had one too.

But I'm surprised that there was one on the roads *this* far out. And if it was merited for the Olympics, why not the Paralympics too?

I would imagine that all local highway authorities in London, and the neighbouring counties, would have provided information to all works promoters of where planned works would be prohibited during the Olympics. At the same time I would have thought that works promoters were given the opportunity to bring forward works in other non-prohibited areas (non-traffic sensitive streets or residential roads etc.) to enable works to continue.

From a local perspective, I can't really give a full explanation why certain roads were included (to be quite honest I can't even remember if Marine Gardens was on the list).

An example of two roads that I know were listed were the B2011 Folkestone Road and A256 York Street in Dover as these roads lead to/from both the Port of Dover and the Dover Priory train station - both strategic points of transportation.

Marine Gardens leads to Margate train station and is close to the busy bus drop off/collection point at Cecil Square.

As for why the same treatment wasn't in place during the Paralympics, I don't personally know.

vFast Ltd

Edited by Yaz (Tue 02-Oct-12 22:12:25)

Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Wed 03-Oct-12 08:23:29
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

It was most likely due to the Olympic torch route, which I'm sure passed along Margate seafront, really the prohibition could have been lifted after this but probably used the same powers/order as everything else and so was in place for the entire Olympics.

I remember seeing resurfacing work scheduled for Hawley Street, which I'm sure stated repair of road surface for Olympic torch route, so this would mean the torch went down Marine Gardens to the sea front.

Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Wed 03-Oct-12 23:15:47
Print Post

The torch did pass along Marine Gardens as prior to that it went down the High Street before heading along the A28 up to Westgate-On-Sea.

I'm not sure how much I can say but what was put in place to prevent issues during both the torch run and the Olympics went quite well.

There were plenty of repair works carried out, some already planned and others put in, prior to the torch run. I think Hawley Street was already planned for resurfacing before the torch route anyway.

vFast Ltd

Edited by Yaz (Wed 03-Oct-12 23:17:07)

Standard User Daemos
(newbie) Thu 04-Oct-12 13:56:35
Print Post

Roadworks.org has two pieces of work scheduled for 15th to the 17th October for the junction of Thanet Road/Avenue Road and outside Broadgate Hall on Dumpton Park drive. This involves laying poly duct between the telephone cab and the new one for fibre. So I am guessing that that was the problem holding up the deploying of NDRAM P17.

Hopefully it will become live before the end of the month !
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 04-Oct-12 17:36:40
Print Post

[re: Daemos] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Daemos:
Roadworks.org has two pieces of work scheduled for 15th to the 17th October for the junction of Thanet Road/Avenue Road and outside Broadgate Hall on Dumpton Park drive. This involves laying poly duct between the telephone cab and the new one for fibre. So I am guessing that that was the problem holding up the deploying of NDRAM P17.

Hopefully it will become live before the end of the month !

thanks for that info--only 100 yards from NDRAM17 and been waiting impatiently

doesnt help when i have a mate who keeps rubbing it in that hes getting 71mbs download and mines only 17mbs till they do that cabinet
Standard User Daemos
(newbie) Fri 05-Oct-12 13:53:23
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
thanks for that info--only 100 yards from NDRAM17 and been waiting impatiently

doesnt help when i have a mate who keeps rubbing it in that hes getting 71mbs download and mines only 17mbs till they do that cabinet

Try your postcode on roadworks.org and see if you make the same conclusion (as I have drawn) from the two pieces of explanation on the pop-ups from the work items near Broadgate Hall
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to