General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Greg
(regular) Thu 23-Aug-12 12:48:25
Print Post

Anyone able to give more info on cabinet live date pls ?

[link to this post]

Hi,

My cabinets been upgraded and the paving slabs have been relaid which I guess means it's powered. Originally my post code had a FTC service date of 09/12 but now the whole exchange area has 12/12. Anyone got access to any info on if 12/12 is accurate or if i might get FTTc lucky earlier. Postcode is po61ju. Ta
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Thu 23-Aug-12 13:37:58
Print Post

Re: Anyone able to give more info on cabinet live date pls ?

[re: Greg] [link to this post]

The BT post code checker is notoriously unreliable - you really need to check with a telephone number. If your line is a full LLU one (TT or SKY) then use a near neighbours phone number or a local shop if you can.

Just because OR or it's contractors have relaid the paving stones doesn't mean that they won't take them up again!

Is the exchange accepting orders? Consult the OR twitter feed or the "Superfast Broadband When and Where" site.

The first CABs enabled can actually order before the exchange is publicaly declared as accepting orders - I ordered FTTC a week before the exchange status changed!

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User simon194
(member) Thu 23-Aug-12 13:41:56
Print Post

Re: Anyone able to give more info on cabinet live date pls ?

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by greenglide:
Just because OR or it's contractors have relaid the paving stones doesn't mean that they won't take them up again!

One cab round my way had the same bit of pavement dug up 4 times while it was being commissioned.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to