General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ixel
(regular) Thu 23-Aug-12 22:27:32
Print Post

Pleased to see my attainable rates returning!

[link to this post]

For those who may remember, a while back I was here with a topic about my attainable rate dropping, and getting a sync a bit below the actual estimate BT originally stated to me.

Well, as of lunch time (after I saw a BT OR van drive past the window 10 minutes later) my SNR increased bringing my attainable rate to 86000~, nearly at the level I originally had. I am expecting it to be a bit lower now (but not as low as it was before, if I recall around 65000 odd) as there's crosstalk from other Infinity installs in the cabinet. Long live this restoration.

My interleaving depth is also dropping, around 1000 odd now smile. I'm avoiding disconnecting/connecting my modem once a day as DLM seems to do so every 2-3 days anyway (always around 4am-6am). I've also replaced the ADSLNation faceplate with a new BT VDSL faceplate as the original VDSL faceplate seemed to be faulty (though I never reported this to BT, perhaps I should've).

Could this vastly fluctuating attainable rate, when an engineer is doing something in the cabinet, be caused by something such as a dodgy joint? Just curious.
Standard User Ixel
(regular) Fri 24-Aug-12 10:53:43
Print Post

Re: Pleased to see my attainable rates returning!

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Bump. Any answer to my question please?

"Could this vastly fluctuating attainable rate, when an engineer is doing something in the cabinet, be caused by something such as a dodgy joint? Just curious."
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 24-Aug-12 11:04:10
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ixel:
I'm avoiding disconnecting/connecting my modem once a day as DLM seems to do so every 2-3 days anyway (always around 4am-6am).
That doesn't sound right. Disconnections are always a sign of something wrong, like a dodgy joint.

Is there any line noise on the phone?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ixel
(regular) Fri 24-Aug-12 11:27:54
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I ran a quiet line test a while back and noticed no crackling, hissing or unusual noise. I do occasionally have a phone call with a bit of noise (or people complaining that they can't hear me clearly when I can hear them), but usually this happens when I ring somewhere up country, not local.
  Print Thread

Jump to